going to court on 10-6-05

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

going to court on 10-6-05

Post by p8ntman442 »

this thursday I wil be going to testify agianst the guy who stole my car last november.

old threads here:
first thread car was stolen
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Archives/Arc ... 47535.html
second It was recovered
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Archives/Arc ... 47659.html
third thread I hate the Police (still do as a matter of fact those lazy fuckers)
http://www.fiero.com/forum/Archives/Arch ... 49336.html
good reading i9f youve got time.

anyways, they are charging the guy on possesion of stolen property, cause they are too lazy to print the car when it was found, so there is no evidence as to who stole it. Thanks you pigs.
ITSA6

Post by ITSA6 »

good luck man! i remember reading about those when it happened. sucks ti all happened, and dont you love how long the courts take! jeesh.
p8ntman442

Post by p8ntman442 »

well, mr I have an 11 page long wrap sheet got 6 months probation for posession of stolen property. There will be a hearing to determine restitution for the rims and tires. new they cost 700 dollars. Who knows what I will be awarded. I do know what I will recieve...$0 that 45 year old crack addict cant move out of his mothers house, how is he gonna afford to pay for the rims and tires he stole from me. Ohh well, better than sitting on my ass and not doing shit. I worked hard to get my rims back and get him prosecuted. The good thing is, they found out he had 2 outstanding cases from 1990 and 91 that need to go to court. (thats 3 pages back on his wrap sheet) they just noticed it now. Hopefully his bitch ass gets arrested and he breaks probation and has to do time for stealing my car.

I have wonderful neighbors.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I hope he interviews for a job at Kentucky Fried Chicken and they do a backround check :salute:
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
ditch

Post by ditch »

p8ntman442 wrote:Who knows what I will be awarded. I do know what I will recieve...$0 that 45 year old crack addict cant move out of his mothers house, how is he gonna afford to pay for the rims and tires he stole from me. .

Keep this in mind. If you're awarded a settlement, there are "services" out there who will buy out your settlement and then go after the guy who owed you. They usually get about 15-20% of the settlement (ie, you only get about 80% of what you were supposed to get), but at least you get something. If he's a deadbeat, this route is your best bet.

Years ago, I had a 1989 olds 88. It was hit by a guy who was high on drugs. I was sitting in my living room. I hear this loud crash. Look outside and see him backing his truck off of my right fender. He then takes off and hits a telephone pole a few blocks away. Anyway, he had no insurance. I sued his ass in court for the $1900 in damages and won. I found an agency that bought out my settlement. They gave me $1400, so it cost me $500. They then went after him with their resources. I don't know if they ever got their money....very doubtful.

At least I received something.

Dave
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

MAKE THE GUY YOUR BUTLER!!!!
ditch

Post by ditch »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:MAKE THE GUY YOUR BUTLER!!!!
Somebody has been watching too much Seinfeld :thumbleft:
p8ntman442

Post by p8ntman442 »

I walked by his 95 cavlier on my way to work tonight. If I didnt know hat his 5spd didnt have reverse (cause of what we did when we towed it) I would go after that as part of the deal. I think I will get about 400 to 500 in restitution. The funy thing is I walked in with this today for my damages, and would have been happy.

Item no Description Price (conservative)
1 Front fender 25
2 tires and rims 100
3 steering column, gauges and under dash parts 100
4 wind deflector 10
5 coil wire pigtail 5
6 tail light 20
7 center console/radio 100
8 jumper cables 20
9 fire extinguisher 15
parts total 395

tow charge/storage fee 130

total cost $525

now ive submitted this rims and tires $700
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Sweet Jesus man, you let that cat off easy. Of course, not getting $1200 is just the same as not getting $2400 is just the same as not getting $600, so I guess it really doesn't matter how much the low life never pays you back. But I'd have gone to GM for parts and salvage yards where new GM parts weren't available. You gave homeboy prices.
whipped

Post by whipped »

stimpy wrote:Sweet Jesus man, you let that cat off easy. Of course, not getting $1200 is just the same as not getting $2400 is just the same as not getting $600, so I guess it really doesn't matter how much the low life never pays you back. But I'd have gone to GM for parts and salvage yards where new GM parts weren't available. You gave homeboy prices.
when I received a trashed engine, I got all the parts numbers and prices from GM to bring it back to "original condition". Had a bill for probably $1200 for the freight insurance. You know how much they sent me?

$20.
I guess their policy said "tilt".
p8ntman442

Post by p8ntman442 »

remember, I had the parts anyways, I got my car with the rims on it for FREE in good running condition. And this Guy will never pay. The 700 would be nice, I would rent a single in my apt building for a month so My girlfriend and my son could stay here with me. But, I will never see this money, so whats it matter. If I do see any money its from stolen car stereos from my street so it really just perpetuates the cycle.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

You will eventually get restituted, unless he dies. Restitution is a condition of probation, so if he fails to restitute, he can't get off probation in many states. In AZ a person is automatically given 3 additional years probation if they fail to restitute, and if the amount is large, the judgment automatically rolls over to a civil judgment and the county recorder is notified and a record made there.

Essentially the only way to get out of a restitution order is to die or never have anything.

As for someone mentioning about them going after this guy for 20%, I doubt it. Is anyone going to spend time/money on a broke POS for 20% of $500, or $100? You can try things like debtor's exams, where they can get arrested for failure to appear or failure to comply. You can continually follow the guy and his jobs and garnish, but he would likely quit. If he has property you can do what AZ calls a writ of execution, but then you have to deal with more lazy pigs. You have avenues and maybe just waiting is the best.

As for corrupt pigs, I had the pigs help some brokers rob my house and then the local pig shop refuse to tale a pig report, so you're preaching to the quior (sp). Then the same pig shot and killed a woman for a misdemeanor while she had a 1 year old child in the backseat. Of course he was acquitted.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

I had a hard time interperating your text around all the "pigs"
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

OMG BACK FROM THE DEAD!@!
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Kohburn wrote:I had a hard time interperating your text around all the "pigs"
Here's a G-rated version:

You will eventually get restituted, unless he dies. Restitution is a condition of probation, so if he fails to restitute, he can't get off probation in many states. In AZ a person is automatically given 3 additional years probation if they fail to restitute, and if the amount is large, the judgment automatically rolls over to a civil judgment and the county recorder is notified and a record made there.

Essentially the only way to get out of a restitution order is to die or never have anything.

As for someone mentioning about them going after this guy for 20%, I doubt it. Is anyone going to spend time/money on a broke POS for 20% of $500, or $100? You can try things like debtor's exams, where they can get arrested for failure to appear or failure to comply. You can continually follow the guy and his jobs and garnish, but he would likely quit. If he has property you can do what AZ calls a writ of execution, but then you have to deal with more nice, honest polith ofithers. You have avenues and maybe just waiting is the best.

As for nice, honest polith ofithers, I had the nice, honest polith ofithers help some brokers rob my house and then the local nice, honest polith ofithers shop refuse to take a nice, honest polith ofithers report, so you're preaching to the choir. Then the same nice, honest polith ofither shot and killed a woman for a misdemeanor while she had a 1 year old child in the backseat. Of course he was acquitted.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

EBSB52 wrote:
Kohburn wrote:I had a hard time interperating your text around all the "pigs"
Here's a G-rated version:
How about a g-rated version that isn't longer than half your political bullshit articles?
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Lex

Post by Lex »

aaron wrote:
How about a g-rated version that isn't longer than half your political bullshit articles?
My guess is Eb will now activate his “IMPEACH/INCESTâ€
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Lex wrote:and then tell you to screw your sister/mother.
Will a truck tailpipe work instead?

Worked for him...
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo