Deer Season

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

I eat fish if I've caught it, I'll eat deer if I shoot it. My reasons for being a vegetarian in order of importance to me.

1. Meat is destroying the rain forest. If you don't believe me, do some research. The clear cutting of Brazillian rainforest is done for "crop" production. What "crop" are they talking about. COWS everyone... Cows..

2. Meat from factory farms isn't safe to consume. The amount of steroids, horomones and other shit in these animals systems. I wouldn't be surprised if this Alzeimers outbreak in America, were really Mad Cow.

3. Resources. Calorie in, Calorie out. The amount of energy and water WASTED during meat production is enormous. A vegetarian lifestyle would save hundreds of millions of gallons of water and enough food to feed the planet 10x over.

4. Animal Cruelty

Your concerned leader

Diggity"I'll hunt my own food thanks"Biggity
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

like i said - if you plan to eat it then its fair game

i'm a big fan of free range meats and there are local farmers that do organic farming - basicly you subscribe to their service and are provided with a weekly amount of fruits, vegies, herbs, free range eggs, etc

pretty handy
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Kohburn wrote:like i said - if you plan to eat it then its fair game

i'm a big fan of free range meats and there are local farmers that do organic farming - basicly you subscribe to their service and are provided with a weekly amount of fruits, vegies, herbs, free range eggs, etc

pretty handy
During the spring and summer I do 90% of my shopping from local farmers.

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Always fresh, always local"Biggity