Talking to J.T.

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

A. Frayn

Talking to J.T.

Post by A. Frayn »

J.T. is a little bit different.

Back at the watering hole this evening, took a day of vacation tomorrow since I have 50 hours left I need to use before the end of the year.

J.T. won the poker pot tonight at the tavern. He said it had been a while since he lucked out. On Thursdays, each week, they have the tournament, and there were about 25 old timers shuffling the cards.

J.T. looks a bit like a 60 year old ZZ Top guy. He has the Dusty Gibbons thing going on, with the hick overalls, and a CASE equipment baseball hat to top it off. Big old gray beard, a foot long.

J.T. is a Vietnam combat vet, and has a bit of the lingering trauma. After several failed marriages, the big love of his life, is a tiny Chihuahua he carries inside his overalls. One of those real nervous Chihuahuas'. The kind with the bug eyes, but the dog feels safe while in the old mans proximity.

J.T. and I got to talking about material pursuits this evening. He likes the beer in mass, and the pot when he can get it. He does not have a job these days, and very little money, but he bought me a beer anyway. I have several times the financial resources he does, but he bought me a beer anyway. He gets offended if I offer to return the favor.

J.T. is happy. No car. No wife. No money. Well, a little money. He won the poker pot tonight, and him and the dog took off into the dark.

Merry Christmas. J.T.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I hate how Veterans of our country have to spend Christmas like that. But I am glad to know that he is happy.

I guess the closest I can compare to a JT is a guy I used to work for, one Leo. He lost use of his legs after an artillery hit in Vietnam. His wife died, and it hit him pretty hard. He was a grumpy old man, and mowing his lawn was a pita. But he met a girl online, and the white-haired couple got married. He bought her a brand new Caddilac the next day (He obviously has one himself, and owns a $400,000 house). From then on, never have I seen him smile so much and bitch so little.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.