Can't believe there's not more here about Abramoff

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Kohburn wrote:and any one who was alive during that can feel free to complain about it - but unless someone lived through the "persecution of the white devil" then can't complain about it let alone blaim all whites who weren't even alive during that time for causing it.

And I agree with a lot of that, which is why I'm personally against contemporary Affirmative Action.

While our generation cannot be held liable, we cannot also forget our roots and the roots of this country. It has to do with learning from history to not make the same mistakes again.

But I totally disagree with having to live thru and era to have the right to complain about something. I think out standing is there for good, as this kind of treatment carries over forever. I have a standing to be offended by treatments of not only my own race, gender, age, culture, etc., but also everyone else’s.

But I think it's idiotic to blame 1960, 70, 80's whites for crimes committed by our predecessors and hold us accountable via AA and rejection of benefits. This, "white male privilege" is a crock and has died long ago for most people but the very rich.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

EBSB52 wrote:I hate to stereotype, but if the shoe fits….
I guess you don't see how funny that is...
SO if I cured cancer and AIDS I would still be all fucked up in your mind, cause I’m EBSB52?
I think that the likelihood of you curing cancer is right up there with the likelihood of you learning how to use the force.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

I wrote:

“I hate to stereotype, but if the shoe fits….â€
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

[quote="EBSB52"]
Use “the forceâ€
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

[quote="The Dark Side of Will"][quote="EBSB52"]