Bought SpeedHut gauges for my 88GT *GOT THEM*

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Turn the key to run. Set speedometer and tach needle at zero. Set volt needle to whatever your multimeter reads across the battery terminals. Oil pressure to zero. Water temp to whatever your scanner says it is. Fill up your gas tank and set the needle to full.. did I miss anything?

Weponhead wrote:see that tab on the aux guages where the wire comes out? be REALLY fucking nice to that or it'll break and when that breaks haha, i had to have a buddys dad " a satellite electrician" fix it by putting these cool thin copper leads in and epoxying it back together after resdesigning the routing of the wire. fuckin worst design ever because it has to be bent back at a 90* angle due to the mounting screw in the aux guages.
You could always ask Speedhut about that. Probably would change it, though I'm not sure where else it can go? Guess we should sen d'em a pic of it installed with the cover off..
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Series8217 wrote:Turn the key to run. Set speedometer and tach needle at zero. Set volt needle to whatever your multimeter reads across the battery terminals. Oil pressure to zero. Water temp to whatever your scanner says it is. Fill up your gas tank and set the needle to full.. did I miss anything?

Weponhead wrote:see that tab on the aux guages where the wire comes out? be REALLY fucking nice to that or it'll break and when that breaks haha, i had to have a buddys dad " a satellite electrician" fix it by putting these cool thin copper leads in and epoxying it back together after resdesigning the routing of the wire. fuckin worst design ever because it has to be bent back at a 90* angle due to the mounting screw in the aux guages.
You could always ask Speedhut about that. Probably would change it, though I'm not sure where else it can go? Guess we should sen d'em a pic of it installed with the cover off..
Thanks Steven, I'll be doing that. The volt and OP aren't too far off, nor is the gas gauge.

I'll try to get a pic when I tear it apart tomorrow to fix some things on it. I'll also get pics...
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ok I started working on it again today. Thanks again to Steven for his reliable technical support.

I got every gauge working and close to accurate, except for the fuel gauge. The speedo works again, I don't know why it wasn't working earlier.

This is a problem. Even when I got the car the fuel gauge has always been "slow." It would not go below 1/4 tank. It seems the needle, once pushed on the pin, was too far into the dash and couldn't overcome the coefficient of friction on the gauge overlays...lol. Well it was working a day ago, just off a bit. Now when I push the needle onto the pin, it won't work. I think either it is too far in, or the pin turning thingy is busted, or unplugged.

Any ideas? Similiar happenings? I doubt it is unplugged as every other gauge works (I do not have the headlight switch, dimmer, or trunk release wired in right now, their connectors are dangling. Other than that, all 3 connectors for the gauges are plugged in.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

aaron wrote:Ok I started working on it again today. Thanks again to Steven for his reliable technical support.
Use it while you still can.
I'm outsourcing to some middle-eastern country nobody has ever heard of. Labor is cheap.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Series8217 wrote:
aaron wrote:Ok I started working on it again today. Thanks again to Steven for his reliable technical support.
Use it while you still can.
I'm outsourcing to some middle-eastern country nobody has ever heard of. Labor is cheap.
Hmm. I am forced to reveal that I will no longer be using your services in automotive repair and support. Tritum, you're hired.

Well I got it back all together, with every gauge working and accurate. The fuel gauge is slightly high, but I can remember. Pics and vids still to come. They look fucking hot!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

i need to get the speedhut set to match mine "i dont have an hvac surround" it pisses me off hahaha but all i need is the HVAC piece and the new inverter they use and it will work with the ones i have
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Here are some daytime pictures with the car off, those this is how it looks in the day just driving around. It has to be night for me to get nighttime pics, so I will get them tonight when it is nighttime.

You can clearly see the overlays. The center one on the radio is the only one that bubbled, and it doesn't look very good. I am going to apply heat, and then cut the climax of the bubbles and overlay the two sides to get them to lay flat, with an adhesive of course. It won't look perfect, but better than the bubbles. I am emailing every online vendor I can, I am trying to buy just the center piece, but no luck so far. Plus I need it custom cut with no radio hole. Hopefully I find one, and if all else fails I will buy another kit.

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Well I got the nighttime pics, but they suck. I turned the flash off, but for some reason they came out badly. I did forget the nighttime setting, maybe that will help...lol

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

look to be accurate, voltmeter off?

Also witht he new speedo, what makes it read correctly now that the numbers are in a diff spot?
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Looks great.

He needs to install a new crystal for the speedo to read correctly.