Who is coming to Daytona and wants their car weighed?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Who is coming to Daytona and wants their car weighed?

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Everyone loves to come to teh Daytona show. Warm weather and all taht good stuff. Not too many hot chicks unless you go to the beach of course. Besides the point.

What I am interested in is if anyone who is coming would be interested in getting their fieros weighed while at the show?

Digital scale with 1 scale per wheel accurate to .1% Scales can read up to 6k lbs so I think we are safe here. Digital readout.

I figure this could be a good way to know what your car weighs with options as each car is different such as wheels and engines and stuff. You could know the weight before you did an engine swap or if you have done an engine swap you could now know what the final weight is.

There will be a minimum amount of cars needed to make it worth while. Haven't talked about it much with a shop owner so dont' know the details. THe scales can be taken to the show or can be done at the hotel.

Cost will depend on how many people want to sign up. But tehre will be a cost. My guess is around $30 or so but that might depend on how many people want this done. Fewer the people the more it will cost or if not enough I am sure the guy wont' want to haul the stuff around.

So tell all your buddies and pass this along to the other boards as I am sure some will be interested. The more people to sign up the cheaper it will be I can only guess.

What do you guys think?

Haev about 1.5 months to figure it out and so that I can make arrangements with the shop owner.
S8n

Post by S8n »

I don't think I'll be ready by then. What are the show dates?
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

damnit I had a long reply typed out but then my comp froze. argh.

Anyways the show is in late march.

it doesnt' have to be a fiero that you want to weigh either. It can be any car.

I just want enough notice to see if enough people are interested so I can pursue this further with teh shop owner to make arrangements on pricing and to reserve the equipment.

I figure though, $30-$40 is my guess for what it would cost. Put in an extra hour or two at work to pay for it. You have 3 months to make around $40. Not too hard. If its more then $40 I don't think too many people will go for that so I will prob just call the whole thing off. But like I said, it will mostly depend on how many people want to do this. tHe more people the cheaper it will probably be.

However I want to make sure we get enough people interested now so that I can start talking to the shop owner to show that there is interest.

In all reality it shouldnt' take more then 30 seconds to know if you want to have this done or not. That is for those who know 100% that they are coming. The more people that are a definate, the easier it will be for me to go to the shop owner and talk to him about the interest and potential costs. However I am not going to go waste my time and someone elses if there is no interest. Makes sense?

The wieght issue with fiero owners comes up often so I figured many people especially those on OE wuold be interested in this. Well this could be their chance to finally know down to .1% of what their car weighs. Their car with their mods adn engine and options. No BS or guessing anymore. Scales would be portable like I said so at the hotel or at the show. Makes it very convenient for the car owner so no real reason to not want to do this I think. Sounds like a good idea right?

Like I said if this could make its way to other forums that would be great. Time to get the word out now so people can plan accordingly and to see how much interest this draws.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

Perhaps me.
Last edited by Jinxmutt on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

come on people spread the word. get this to other fiero forums. I would have thought people would want this done.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

if it was within a 4 hour drive i'd be down - but a 12+ our drive on a currently non street worthy car.. not likely
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

$30?! That's $7.50 per corner! What do you think, I'm made out of money?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Tow it kohby. Would still like to see the work you did. Can get it weighed too.

Share the love people. get the word out. Thanks
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

lets go people.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I'm down if the car's running by then (March, correct?).
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

still trying to get something togethor. Will Fiero owners come through once again in typical fashion?
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Looks liek fiero owners did come through in typical fashion. Only 2 people interested after a week. So I will cancel this for fiero owners.

I found a local honda club that wants to do this. They seem to be more serious about weight and just overall performance then Fiero owners.

could someone find the thread on ole europie and bump it up saying its canceled to do typical lack of itnerest from teh fiero community.

Thanks
JamesCurtis

Post by JamesCurtis »

whipped

Post by whipped »

Sorry, I'm cheap. I could care less about distribution. $5 will get my car weighed to the nearest 10lbs on a truck scale...
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

whipped wrote:Sorry, I'm cheap. I could care less about distribution. $5 will get my car weighed to the nearest 10lbs on a truck scale...
$5??? Fuck that, just drive up on it, the numbers go on the screen in front of you, then get the hell out of there!

A guy over at P.F.F and me dropped by one after a Mile High Fiero meet, and it was closed, but the scale was still working. He weighed in at 2920 with a gutted interior 86GT, I weighed in at 2980 with a fully-dressed 88GT. Both were done with 1 person in the car, figure 180lbs. So his interior, the carpet, seats, dash, center console, door skins weighed about 60lbs.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.