PRI Anyone?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

S8n

Post by S8n »

Cool. I'm over in Hunter's Creek. Let me know if you need a hand wrenching on anything.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
'87 GT *Now can be seen at V8Archie's!* www.fotki.com/8balls
whipped

Post by whipped »

will do. same with the LS1 project of yours... I've done one northstar, so I know my way around these cars.

Oh! speaking of which - do you know of any places in the area that would "rent" a paint booth? Or any recommendations for painters? I've got at least one hood, and I'm seriously considering a chop top as a project for next year (as if I don't have my plate full already)
S8n

Post by S8n »

I'm actually looking for a painter/fiberglasser myself. I'll let you know if I find one though. Right now I only have the heads and tranny over here...tearing them down and rebuilding them. The car is at my Mom's house, 90 minutes west, just north of Tampa.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
whipped

Post by whipped »

heh... lived in clearwater for a little while. Drivers there are crazy. The highway that goes through the middle of town was supposed to be the most dangerous one in the US, I forget what it was called.
S8n

Post by S8n »

60, maybe? I spent 16 years in Tampa...I don't know if driver's are worse there or here in Orlando. Although, I take my bike across 50 sometimes to work on my car...that's a fun ride.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
whipped

Post by whipped »

I had to look it up - it's highway 19. they even made shirts that said "I survived US 19"

It doesn't seem that dangerous, but I guess a lot of crashes happen at the intersections. Leave it up to a floridian to put cross streets on a highway. I guess people get stupider in populated areas.
S8n

Post by S8n »

I think it's more of the old people causing the accidents...we have way too many of them in Florida.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com
whipped

Post by whipped »

You're probably right.

At least a drunk driver would've noticed the person sticking inf his windshield... I think. :scratch:
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

I lived in Pensacola for two years and had at least one close call from a stupid driver every day. My insurance dropped by half when I moved back to VA and turned 25.
S8n

Post by S8n »

whipped wrote:You're probably right.

At least a drunk driver would've noticed the person sticking inf his windshield... I think. :scratch:
Yeah, no shit. That's just messed up. My insurance isn't too bad right now, it'll go up though once I get the Fiero insured. It'll make it three vehicles on my insurance. But yeah, Florida is just f'ed up driving wise.
-Chuck
chukjagr@hotmail.com