Bought SpeedHut gauges for my 88GT *GOT THEM*

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Kohburn wrote:
allWorkNoPlay wrote:I think those white "indiglo" gauges look like ass.
i hate white face gauges - good thing you can get black face reverse indiglos from speedhut

I want to contact them and see if they can combine colors like white and red illumination
]

Please share their response. I've been idly considering asking them for alternative color and combinations also, but it will be some time before I get back to work on the interior.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Kohburn wrote:
aaron wrote:
Kohburn wrote:i did notice that on my current stock v6 gauge the needle won't go past 6000 even as the rpm climbs

not sure whats up with that
I beg to differ, my 2.8l saw a roughly indicated 7000-7500 on a missed shift. More red lights went off that day! I swear, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree letting me know I was a fucking idiot. The light on the charge gauge lit up, the OP gauge warning light sent off, SES went off, etc. There were like 4-5 red lights blinking at me. I had watched the tach needle swing right past where the numbers weren't printed. Maybe it is just your's?
differ all you fucking want you asshat - I watch my gauge and posted an observation about MY GAUGE

damn - learn to STFU sometimes
Wow, chill out dude :thumbleft:

I was just saying we now have 2 of us stating it goes well above 6000. I was doing the same thing, sharing my observations on my car, and then said nicely, "Maybe it is just your's" I'm not disbelieving you, and not quite sure if it holds for all Fieros or not, but so far it is 2-1.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Post by z.MacK »

Where are the pics?
OH, wait..... none have been posted any.

That makes you all bitches.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

z.MacK wrote:Where are the pics?
OH, wait..... none have been posted any.

That makes you all bitches.
They aren't in yet, should be in next week and I'll take a ton of pics then.

You should know by now I don't lack pic taking abilities..
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

They still aren't in yet.

I hope they will be in before New Year's, that way I will have a chance to install them and get pics.
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

aaron wrote:
Kohburn wrote:
aaron wrote:
Kohburn wrote:i did notice that on my current stock v6 gauge the needle won't go past 6000 even as the rpm climbs

not sure whats up with that
I beg to differ, my 2.8l saw a roughly indicated 7000-7500 on a missed shift. More red lights went off that day! I swear, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree letting me know I was a fucking idiot. The light on the charge gauge lit up, the OP gauge warning light sent off, SES went off, etc. There were like 4-5 red lights blinking at me. I had watched the tach needle swing right past where the numbers weren't printed. Maybe it is just your's?
differ all you fucking want you asshat - I watch my gauge and posted an observation about MY GAUGE

damn - learn to STFU sometimes
Wow, chill out dude :thumbleft:

I was just saying we now have 2 of us stating it goes well above 6000. I was doing the same thing, sharing my observations on my car, and then said nicely, "Maybe it is just your's" I'm not disbelieving you, and not quite sure if it holds for all Fieros or not, but so far it is 2-1.
Hey asshat, 88 Fieros do not have a rev limiter that earlier sixes do. Learn something about your subject before you try to sound like an authority on it.

Go grenade your engine, ricer.
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in."
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Wow you are a moron.

We are not talking about a rev limiter, we are talking about where the tach stops reading. I know, well found out, that the car doesn't have a rev limiter. But we are trying to find out where the tach stops reading.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Well if the engine isn't running at that point, there aren't any rpms to read, are there?

Stupid cunt.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

jstillwell wrote:Well if the engine isn't running at that point, there aren't any rpms to read, are there?

Stupid cunt.
You do realize that the engines we are running, or plan on running, will run to 7, and hopefully in my case, beyond?

The whole point of this is to get it so that our tach reads to 8k rpm.

Well they called me today to double check on the gauges, and it looks like they will get them right the first time. The speedo will go to 180, and read MPH, and the tach will go to 8 with no shift line in my case. Looking good, he said they should be here in under a week.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

And you do realize that Kohburn wrote "on my stock v6", and that you wrote "on my 2.8l". So wtf does your engine that you don't have have anything to do with it, Akimoto?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

jstillwell wrote:And you do realize that Kohburn wrote "on my stock v6", and that you wrote "on my 2.8l". So wtf does your engine that you don't have have anything to do with it, Akimoto?
Kohburn is interested because he is also running a 7000rpm mtoor, a DOHC. But on his stock 2.8l, his tach apparantly didn't read past 6k. But my tach, and Steven's both do. So if we got the lettering to read to 7-8k, then we could get a much better estimate where we were at.

As for your second sentence, I have no idea what you're trying to say. "wtf does your engine that you don't have anything to do with it???" What does that mean, in like, English?
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Get someone to read it to you, junior.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

jstillwell wrote:And you do realize that Kohburn wrote "on my stock v6", and that you wrote "on my 2.8l". So wtf does your engine that you don't have have anything to do with it, Akimoto?
He said "stock v6 gauge" and "the needle won't go past 6000 even as the rpm climbs"

So it has nothing to do with a rev limiter.. RPMs still climbing..
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

WOOT WOOT.

So they got here today. PERFECT. SpeedHut did an amazing job! The only problem is that the speedo has cutouts for what would look to be the gear identifiers for an auto, but I'll get over that.

Black with reverse red, 8000rpm tach, 180mph speedo, etc. We are working on the install right now, and having never done this before, might I say I'm confused. Electronics and me don't go together, but I got a friend over that should be able to help. Anyone who has these yet and can offer some advice?

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Looks nice, get er instlled!!
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

gear cut outs? you mean the digits for the trip odometer?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Kohburn wrote:gear cut outs? you mean the digits for the trip odometer?
Yah, figured that out!

Well I got them on, and they look sweet...But no pics...yet. Of course I was an idiot and ran into problems...

The only gauge still functioning properly is the tach, and that is because I didn't remove the tach needle. The speedo isn't reading at all, the water temp gauge reads right in the middle when its cold, the oil pressure is at the max at idle, the battery is high, and I somehow gained 1/8 tank of gas.

I totally forgot you have to mark where your needles are at before removing them. So I have to plug the speedo in (How'd I forget that), then readjust all of the needles. This is gonna be a pain in the ass, and I havn't yet decided how I'm gonna go about doing this. Any hints?
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Series8217 wrote:
He said "stock v6 gauge" and "the needle won't go past 6000 even as the rpm climbs"

So it has nothing to do with a rev limiter.. RPMs still climbing..
My bad. I was confused. Still am a little.
Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

see that tab on the aux guages where the wire comes out? be REALLY fucking nice to that or it'll break and when that breaks haha, i had to have a buddys dad " a satellite electrician" fix it by putting these cool thin copper leads in and epoxying it back together after resdesigning the routing of the wire. fuckin worst design ever because it has to be bent back at a 90* angle due to the mounting screw in the aux guages.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Weponhead wrote:see that tab on the aux guages where the wire comes out? be REALLY fucking nice to that or it'll break and when that breaks haha, i had to have a buddys dad " a satellite electrician" fix it by putting these cool thin copper leads in and epoxying it back together after resdesigning the routing of the wire. fuckin worst design ever because it has to be bent back at a 90* angle due to the mounting screw in the aux guages.
Yah I figured that out, it was in a really bad place. As was the wire outlet for the tach. BUt we were nice to it, they bend up and down, and we got it. Thanks for the advice, although late!
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo