You will never see this from Fiero owners

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Not at all.

See the difference here is that I can't go search for Cali's dyno myself and find it. See he has never said that he has dynoed it, posted the info, now you go find it and I am just being lazy and dont' want to find it.

You on the other hand can go over to HT and find all the threads over there. You just have to want to look.

No matter how hard I look, I just wont' find cali's dynosheet.

Makes sense?
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Not at all.

See the difference here is that I can't go search for Cali's dyno myself and find it. See he has never said that he has dynoed it, posted the info, now you go find it and I am just being lazy and dont' want to find it.

You on the other hand can go over to HT and find all the threads over there. You just have to want to look.

No matter how hard I look, I just wont' find cali's dynosheet.

Makes sense?
Not at all. That analogy doesn't work. You don't know how many there are until you count. I didn't ask you "how many dyno sheets does CaliKid have?" I asked you "how much horsepower does CaliKid make?"
In order to know for sure you have to count the horsepower, not look for nonexistent dyno sheets. In order to know how many Honda owners do these tests compared to Fiero owners you have to count. Anything other than actually measuring is just speculation. Which is all you're doing. You don't know that a given number exist... and your point is meaningless if there are fewer than you think.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Then prove to me there are 8 million civics owners out there like you claim.

In order to know how many civics are out there, you have to count right?

Better hop to it.

I could say the same about Supra owners. They do back to backs all the time. Hell they have a whole section of the forum dedicated to nothing but dynos.

Hell even the new Z06 has back to back numbers. But it doesnt' have an aftermarket yet really now does it? Maybe a CAI and longtubes. Back to backs of those already. Now how many of those cars are out there? You going to start claiming high ownership numbers on the new Z06 which is why they have dynos already? Or are you going to claim the huge aftermarket for it as to why there are back to backs for it already? Or will you find a new reason?

I think its something in a typical Fiero owners DNA. Part of the genetic makeup so to speak. Its like Fiero owners run away from the subject of dynos and dyno numbers like Gazelles run away from lions in the Serengeti.

I will watch your thread but I already know what the outcome of that will be. I really do hope something comes of it though. Honest because I myself would like to see it more often.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Then prove to me there are 8 million civics owners out there like you claim.

In order to know how many civics are out there, you have to count right?
Others did the counting for me. I got the data from a news site. Do a google search.
I could say the same about Supra owners. They do back to backs all the time. Hell they have a whole section of the forum dedicated to nothing but dynos.
You know as well as I do that there is no car more dynoed and less driven than a Supra :-P
Hell even the new Z06 has back to back numbers. But it doesnt' have an aftermarket yet really now does it? Maybe a CAI and longtubes. Back to backs of those already. Now how many of those cars are out there? You going to start claiming high ownership numbers on the new Z06 which is why they have dynos already? Or are you going to claim the huge aftermarket for it as to why there are back to backs for it already? Or will you find a new reason?
You already said why. They have tons of money! The Honda owners was a better comparison because they are economical commuter cars too. They just have a larger aftermarket.
I think its something in a typical Fiero owners DNA. Part of the genetic makeup so to speak. Its like Fiero owners run away from the subject of dynos and dyno numbers like Gazelles run away from lions in the Serengeti.
And the typical Honda owner, and the typical Dodge Caravan owner, and the typical Camaro owner and the typical Eclipse owner. Moot point. Typical car owners don't give a shit about dynos. Having fun with the car is typically what matters.
emod19

Post by emod19 »

I am one of the lucky few who work at a shop with a chassis dyno. One of the fringe benifits is free dyno time. I have several back to back runs with the Fiero for ignition and jetting changes, and a before & after when I swapped the 2.8 for the Buick 3.8. The other day I even dynoed my 85 Chevy Sprint. The "Three Cylinders of Fury" put down a whopping 36 WHP.

Steve
1985 Mazda RX7 w/400 sbc
Removed it's soul, Gave it some balls.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

emod19 wrote:I am one of the lucky few who work at a shop with a chassis dyno. One of the fringe benifits is free dyno time. I have several back to back runs with the Fiero for ignition and jetting changes, and a before & after when I swapped the Boat Anchor for the Buick 3.8. The other day I even dynoed my 85 Chevy Sprint. The "Three Cylinders of Fury" put down a whopping 36 WHP.

Steve
Way to go, Steve! I'd like to see these. Care to start a thread in Tech with your results? Even stuff like ignition timing mods will help those of us that don't have any experience with tuning.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Nice find on those threads series on Old Europe. I knew I had posted some up there.

You can see though that noone really cared. fiero owners dont' care about real dyno numbers. Only 1 response from both threads combined. I tried my best to fill the fiero community in and they didnt' seem to care and would rather kick me off. such is life.