Has anyone ever actually RECIEVED a harness from Loyde?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Just saw FastFieros browsing here in the tech section. Not sure if it was really Lloyde or not though as someone could have snagged his name. But just letting it be known. if it was in fact him, it appears he didnt' want to respond to jinxmutts post.
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

I was not sure I would make a post to this subject at hand here on RFT, but I have decided I shall…

For the most part it appears only 3 – 4 people here would have an issue with me from a business stand point. I will certainly do my best to respond to their accusations with my facts about the issue.

First theres Jinxmutt < different name on Old Europe ( Jncomutt ) >

I do NOT have a business transaction with this person. He is the nephew of Bill Cromer, that I do in fact have a transaction with. Bill and I have talked in the previous months about my work ethic regarding his harness. The harness was paid for on 6-18-05… Not exactly 10 months yet, but I can work toward that number if Bill wanted me to. Why do I say Bill wanted me to? I called Bill in August when I thought I would have the harness done, but he indicated he was in no hurry, and I had another install to do that required immediate attention. Bill indicated to go ahead, he was in the process of the install still, and did not need the harness that quickly. August gets to October very quickly and now I am in really good trouble. I am 4 wiring harness behind, and 2 full turnkey installs of 3800sc. Which basically means, I have too much work for one person.

Personal problems should not get in the way of work ethics period. However they do when you are a one person shop. There are couple members here on this forum that know my personal problems, and they are family related, and should not have to be discussed in an open public forum. The situations are complicated, and I don’t even like to type to start with.

So, back to Bill Cromer. I have been in communication with Bill and have confidence that between me and him, all is well. I offered him back his harness, and money, and he declined the offer.

John, I can assure you, if it was not for Bills calm, and complete confidence in me, and my workmanship, I would return the harness today. Don’t ever call me again with your problems on your car. You have called at least 3 times with inquires about issues. I need not support you any longer.

This is restarted on Jan 2th… I started this reply on Dec 31st.. I am a little slow in responding also I guess. Too much work.

Let me also take the time to explain the PRICING of this harness work. Its not $1000 as John as indicated. Oh, he remembered there was some “otherâ€
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Just saw FastFieros browsing here in the tech section. Not sure if it was really Lloyde or not though as someone could have snagged his name. But just letting it be known. if it was in fact him, it appears he didnt' want to respond to jinxmutts post.

Hey, I wanted page 3... :(

Loyde
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

WHere's that page of own3d pictures?

haha.. Good for you Loyde. I didn't read what you wrote but at least you had the balls to respond.
FastFieros wrote:
Shaun41178(2) wrote:Just saw FastFieros browsing here in the tech section. Not sure if it was really Lloyde or not though as someone could have snagged his name. But just letting it be known. if it was in fact him, it appears he didnt' want to respond to jinxmutts post.

Hey, I wanted page 3... :(

Loyde
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

Well, now I see why it is Old Europe and not P " F " F " as I did in fact type it.. Sensor word.... Haha,,, I see 2 dot 8 is 2.8 now also...

Loyde
Last edited by FastFieros on Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

355gonebad wrote: The best way to me would be to find a ECM that will run the series one and two and I like to keep it simple so if a obd-1 will run the series two why use a obd-2 but I will leave it up to the manufacture.
If you have a sugestion I will relay it to them.
Well, here is the problem. The OBD-1.5 computers (94-95) for the 3800 Series 1 engines will run a Series II 3800 n/a or SC just fine; using any non-electronic trans, manual, or the 4T60-E. The catch is the OBD-1.5 PCM does not currently have the capacity to control the 4T65-E's that are typically attached to the 3800 Series II engines (97-up).

Here is the kicker with the OBD-2 PCM's. 1996 was the only year (OBD2) that the 4T60-E trans was used. Physically, this PCM looks identical to the 97-98 PCM's; but it's obviously not the same unit. So far I have not found anyone offering reprogramming software or services for the 1996 PCM's. Starting in 1997, GM used only 4T65-E's with the 3800 Series II n/a and SC's. The catch here is the 4T65-E has an input shaft speed sensor and a pressure control solenoid whereas the 4T60-E does not. So technically, you can't use a 97-up PCM on a 4T60-E, although I think a few people (including Loyde) have tried it; but I never heard the end result on how it turned out. (IE: if they were able to reprogram the PCM in such a way that it didn't go into limp mode for the trans because of the missing components).

And for my final point I have been making for years; all OBD-2 PCM's don't have removable chips. Therefore, if you need a reflash, you have to either send your PCM out to get reprogrammed or have your tuner cross-ship one to you. Whereas with the OBD-1.5 PCM with removable chips, you can just turn off the key, wait 5 sec (for PCM shutdown), swap out chips, and you are good to go. Even a high-speed reflash (if you have your own tuning software for OBD-2) is going to take a min or more.

Quite honestly if your supplier is only going to want to make 1 harness, I would have them just make it for the OBD-2 PCM; but remember there are differences in the wiring between certain years of OBD2 PCMs. In any case you will prolly want to have one made for the "most popular" computer and then if one wanted to use that harness on another system, they could always modify it.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

cool.
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

Sinister Fiero wrote:
355gonebad wrote: The best way to me would be to find a ECM that will run the series one and two and I like to keep it simple so if a obd-1 will run the series two why use a obd-2 but I will leave it up to the manufacture.
If you have a sugestion I will relay it to them.
Well, here is the problem. The OBD-1.5 computers (94-95) for the 3800 Series 1 engines will run a Series II 3800 n/a or SC just fine; using any non-electronic trans, manual, or the 4T60-E. The catch is the OBD-1.5 PCM does not currently have the capacity to control the 4T65-E's that are typically attached to the 3800 Series II engines (97-up).

Here is the kicker with the OBD-2 PCM's. 1996 was the only year (OBD2) that the 4T60-E trans was used. Physically, this PCM looks identical to the 97-98 PCM's; but it's obviously not the same unit. So far I have not found anyone offering reprogramming software or services for the 1996 PCM's. Starting in 1997, GM used only 4T65-E's with the 3800 Series II n/a and SC's. The catch here is the 4T65-E has an input shaft speed sensor and a pressure control solenoid whereas the 4T60-E does not. So technically, you can't use a 97-up PCM on a 4T60-E, although I think a few people (including Loyde) have tried it; but I never heard the end result on how it turned out. (IE: if they were able to reprogram the PCM in such a way that it didn't go into limp mode for the trans because of the missing components).

And for my final point I have been making for years; all OBD-2 PCM's don't have removable chips. Therefore, if you need a reflash, you have to either send your PCM out to get reprogrammed or have your tuner cross-ship one to you. Whereas with the OBD-1.5 PCM with removable chips, you can just turn off the key, wait 5 sec (for PCM shutdown), swap out chips, and you are good to go. Even a high-speed reflash (if you have your own tuning software for OBD-2) is going to take a min or more.

Quite honestly if your supplier is only going to want to make 1 harness, I would have them just make it for the OBD-2 PCM; but remember there are differences in the wiring between certain years of OBD2 PCMs. In any case you will prolly want to have one made for the "most popular" computer and then if one wanted to use that harness on another system, they could always modify it.
Ryan, the 96 PCM is 256k. DHP/Powrtuner is the only hardware/software setup to support 256k, and i dont have a licence to do that with PT. HPT did not want to support 256K PCM's.

97 - ? ( ? i forget ) did actually have 4T60e's. It was on 3.8NA however. I took the code from a Grand Prix GT and mixed it with the 3.8SC engine code. Complicated, and you have to know the CheckSums, and OSID's that match to do this. It worked great on Rick Broecky's install. I actually hope I dont have to supprt that combination again, it might not work again.

Loyde
txf

Post by txf »

Hey good to see you FastFieros! I'll vouch that he's probibly the most busy person I've ever met. I'll also vouch when family issues happen Everything else grinds to a hault. And teh free tech support from you.... I've never met any businessman like that. But enough butt kissing... Glad you told your side.

AND NOW THOS DAMNED WORD CENSORS. WTF is a BOAT ANCHOR 2 . 8? 2 . 5? 3 . 1? 3 . 4? WTF enough with the word censors I can't stant it! OE can stay though don't mind it at all.
Jinxmutt

Post by Jinxmutt »

FastFieros wrote: I do NOT have a business transaction with this person. He is the nephew of Bill Cromer, that I do in fact have a transaction with.
True.
FastFieros wrote: So, back to Bill Cromer. I have been in communication with Bill and have confidence that between me and him, all is well.
True, I believe it as well. He doesn't post on these forums and I suggested and reccommeded you, I'd still do so today.
FastFieros wrote: John, I can assure you, if it was not for Bills calm, and complete confidence in me, and my workmanship, I would return the harness today. Don’t ever call me again with your problems on your car. You have called at least 3 times with inquires about issues. I need not support you any longer.
He is very calm, patient, and confident in your work. It helps that you are widely believed to be the best at this type of work. However, I have an OBD1 car and haven't ever called to ask about my install. Electronic stuff I did with diagrams and the physical mounting stuff is knowledge I either gained by trial and error, or by browsing Old Europe. I will admit I have called for a different OBD2 car once with fueling issues, which turned out to be rust particles in the FPR.
FastFieros wrote: Let me also take the time to explain the PRICING of this harness work. Its not $1000 as John as indicated. Oh, he remembered there was some “otherâ€
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

txf wrote: AND NOW THOS DAMNED WORD CENSORS. WTF is a BOAT ANCHOR 2 . 8? 2 . 5? 3 . 1? 3 . 4? WTF enough with the word censors I can't stant it! OE can stay though don't mind it at all.
All the censors I know of. My name is automatically always lower case, P F F turns into Old Europe, 2 . 8 tunrs in boat anchor, 4 . 9 turns into peice of shit (Spelled incorrectly...), and there are a couple more, I think shaun turns into something.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

Oh, how I am so glad Loyde could join us here. Why? Because I can't carry on a serious debate over on Old Europe because we know how certain people like to play (IE: flaming bandwagon and cronies). Not that I am accusing Loyde of ever doing anything like that because we all know he is the most honest businessman in the world... :salute:

[quote="FastFieros"]My friend Sinister Fiero < different name on Old Europe ( Darth Fiero ) >. Well, I had hoped one day you and I would meet and shake hands. I really don’t have a issue with you. I think you are young still, and one day in the future, will make some better decisions about what you say in a public forum. You are “bookâ€
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Sinister Fiero wrote:
FastFieros wrote:The SC is pointed up just a little because the oil in the snout would leak if it was completely parallel with the ground. WCF and Shaun have had this discussion about SC’s leaking in Fiero because the snout was pointing down even on flat ground to much in the early days of the mounts being made. They both raised the mount height about .200 .
WTF kind of crack are you smoking? Dude, you are a dumbass and are full of shit on this one for sure! (I already know the answer to this but for entertainment purposes, stick with me here...) I just went out to look at this 99 Regal GS sitting at my friends house. I popped the hood, and surveyed the engine. Looks pretty level to me. So I put a bubble level on it -- hmm, just as level as the car with STOCK MOUNTS! So you are telling me all the oil is going to leak out of the supercharger on this car? What about all the times my friend has parked it in the street where the left side of the car is CLEARLY higher than the right side??? Loyde, what are you smoking? The oil level in the SC doesn't even come up to input shaft level when filled to the proper point. I know this because I have R&R'ed several M90's myself. Furthermore, in stock vehicles the engine is NOT tilted nor does ANY SC oil EVER LEAK OUT! So now tell me again about this BS story you were saying that the reason why you couldn't mount engines level in the engine bay is because the SC oil would leak out of the breather hole in the input shaft? Dude, I am going to print this and hang it in my shop for all to see. Hell, I might even post your quote over on a few GTP and Regal GS boards just for a few laughs. Honestly tho, Loyde, seriously, I think you had better find another job if you think you can get away with posting complete and total BS like this.
I don't know anything about the rest of the post, so I will let that be.

But Loyde, as much as I resect you for coming in and defending yourself here, you are clearly wrong on this point.

If this was the case, GM couldn't warranty a L67 period. Yet they carry a warranty, have no known issues regarding blower oil draining, and are one of the most reliable V6s ever built by GM, supercharger included. This means you can park them on an angle without all the blower oil leaking out. By your statement, the blower oil would leak out everytime the car takes a left hand turn. Yet I followed an Impala SS today, it turned left, and surprise surpprise there was not a trail of oil following him. I may not know anything about most of what you two are arguing about, but you are clearly incorrect here. The angle of the blower has no impact on its operation.

To further prove this, many blowers are tilted and mounted oddly FROM THE FACTORY. The Northstar's Eaton compressor is mounted upside down, Mercedes Benz mounts its roots blower on its side in the SLK230, and the blower has a clear and obvious tilt on the 5.0 kompressor motors found in a lot of AMG models.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

FastFieros wrote: The SC is pointed up just a little because the oil in the snout would leak if it was completely parallel with the ground. WCF and Shaun have had this discussion about SC’s leaking in Fiero because the snout was pointing down even on flat ground to much in the early days of the mounts being made. They both raised the mount height about .200 .
Just so everybody understands, there IS a passage in the input shaft of the M90 supercharger that serves the function similar to that of a crankcase breather. It allows for expansion and contraction of air/fluid inside the supercharger gear case so no excess pressure is allowed to build on the supercharger lubricant seals during normal operation. The ONLY TIME I have EVER got supercharger lubricant to leak from a supercharger on one of these engines is when I had the engine tilted on the hoist at about a 30 or 40 degree angle where the SC pulley snout was pointing at the ground, and only after a couple of hours did I get fluid to come out.

I can't say why WCF or Loyde thinks that having the SC and engine level is going to cause a fluid leak. If this where true, EVERY GM car built using this engine would have a fluid leak of this kind, because all of those engines are mounted level to the car. Furthermore, people park these cars on irregular surfaces like street curbs all the time, which here in America is on the right side of the street, and the curvature of the road is designed so water will run towards the curb. This means the SC snout on cars parked in this manner are going to be tilted to some degree, to the ground. Do they all leak? No. Why haven't I seen a recall from GM about this? Because the SC doesn't leak oil out the snout when the unit is sitting level!
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED
Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions | www.gmtuners.com
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

Wow, took me 3 days to respond to the first posting with details....

To hold you over with some reading about me, please feel free to read my resume, website personal info links....

http://www.loyde.com < combined my data from a couple resumes. Its not up to date, because I dont feel I ever have to really prove myself on paper vs in the "real"

http://www.fastfieros.com/info.htm

http://www.fastfieros.com/haltech_efi_relationship.htm < while I got 3rd in this championship in 92, I lead most of the series, and I also lead in 2 other associations at the same time, but I had to concentrate on TMSA since I was sponsered by Haltech. I won the championship in 94 however. There was only about 9 of us running EFI packages I help design. I programmed on all of them even back then.

Loyde
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

FastFieros wrote:Wow, took me 3 days to respond to the first posting with details....

To hold you over with some reading about me, please feel free to read my resume, website personal info links....

http://www.loyde.com < combined my data from a couple resumes. Its not up to date, because I dont feel I ever have to really prove myself on paper vs in the "real"

http://www.fastfieros.com/info.htm

http://www.fastfieros.com/haltech_efi_relationship.htm < while I got 3rd in this championship in 92, I lead most of the series, and I also lead in 2 other associations at the same time, but I had to concentrate on TMSA since I was sponsered by Haltech. I won the championship in 94 however. There was only about 9 of us running EFI packages I help design. I programmed on all of them even back then.

Loyde
You know what, I don't like playing the big bad wolf. But it really rattles my cage when people LIE about shit or omit things that happened a long time ago while they are busy trying to smear someone in a post.

Loyde, I read your resume. Basically all I saw was a bunch of non-car related stuff and a little bit of where you say you worked on cars and where you "Implemented training for local high school students interested in custom engine installations". However, I see nowhere in your resume where it says you got specific automotive instruction or specialized training. Am I missing something? Yes, it says you did swaps, it even says you owned an automotive repair shop. But, my point is my cousin could go out and buy an automotive repair shop and probably do a good job running it since he knows how to run a business; despite the fact he knows next to nothing about cars or how they work.

Again in your resume you claim to "know a lot" about OBD-2 systems and programming. But yet, it puzzles me more, after seeing your resume, why you don't even know what the basic emissions functions are of the OBD-2 system. You say you can do all of this stuff on your resume, yet, time and time again on Old Europe and the Yahoo message list you demonstrate that you have an intellectual bankruptcy when it comes to even simple things concerning OBD-2 functions or even correcting a calibration of a speedometer error...???!!!
Loyde's Resume wrote: Education:

2002 Aggressive studies in Windows 2000, updated MCSE for W2K. Dallas, TX

1999 Resource learning Institute. MCSE Dallas, TX

1991-1993 GE Computer Services Dallas, TX

Certification in A+

Certifications in all Apple Macintosh computers and printers

Certifications in IBM, Compaq, HP, and others major OEM’s

1989–1991 AS in Electronic Engineering. Devry Institute Irving, TX
Am I missing something here? Your resume tells me you should be working at Dell or IBM, not on cars. If you know so much about computers and networking, why the hell are you working on cars? Certainly there is more money in that stuff compared to the auto repair / engine swap business.

And another point I want to take this opportunity to make. Since when does age have anything to do with ability? I would like to know why I always hear old guys running their mouths about how much better they are at doing stuff than younger guys? Just because I am 30, doesn't mean I don't know anything. See, I like to use the analogy of the 50 year-old joe-blow garage mechanic, like so many I used to work with and/or for. You know, those guys that the cleanest tools in their toolboxes where the torque wrenches--because they NEVER used them. That's right, the impact gun and air rachet came out every time a plastic intake manifold needed to be tightened down. But hey, that guy has been doing the same thing for 30years which automatically gives him a pass to say he is better than someone with formal training but less mileage. WTF is that all about?
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

Let me put this another way. I have used Microsoft Windows since 3.11 (actually MS-DOS 4.x before that, but lets stick to windows for now). I have used Win95, Win98, Win98SE, WinME, WinXP Pro and Home. I have even gone as far as to perform some tweaks to the registry based on some things I have learned from various websites. But since I have been using Windows for over 10 years, does this automatically mean I can put together a resume and say I am a Windows expert? Does this mean I can go give an instructional presentation at a school about Windows and how one can tweak their own version?
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

I better get this question posted because I know Loyde is going to bring it up...

Loyde, you say you worked with HalTech. You even go as far to say that you helped design some aspect of their system. A couple of questions if you please:

1) Is Haltech still in business?
2) If so, and if I call Haltech and ask them if Loyde Rascoe helped design one of their computer systems, what am I going to get told?
3) What does the Haltech ECU have in common with the GM OBD-2 PCM?
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

Sinister Fiero wrote:Let me put this another way. I have used Microsoft Windows since 3.11 (actually MS-DOS 4.x before that, but lets stick to windows for now). I have used Win95, Win98, Win98SE, WinME, WinXP Pro and Home. I have even gone as far as to perform some tweaks to the registry based on some things I have learned from various websites. But since I have been using Windows for over 10 years, does this automatically mean I can put together a resume and say I am a Windows expert? Does this mean I can go give an instructional presentation at a school about Windows and how one can tweak their own version?
You know what Ryan... You are the one digging that deep hole. Only problem is, I am not the one to sit here and bury you in it. I am just not that way.

You have no clue how to read my resume. I know what you are looking for.... You want to see my Automotive Institute of Technology certifications, my MasterASE L1-L9 certifications....ooooooh, all those lovely pieces of paper that make you "feel" smart. Do you feel smart in the automotive industry Ryan? Yeah, you feel so smart. I like you Ryan. I want come up to you and just give you a big hug when we meet some day. We can be best friends..

Go look up MCSE, MCSD, CNA, CCNA... yeah, I am real smart.. BS, all the paper in the world does not make you smart.

Let me tell you how far back I go in WinDoz... 2.86 .... DOS at 3.0, and really the "big" release was 3.1... Computers? How about the TRS80 and CoCo Rat Shack. We programmed those in basic just to get a C:>_ that was something besides a blinking cursor back then.

I don’t ask people to let me come make a presentation, or put on a school for higher education, I get recommended to do these things by people that see a need for a resource that can deliver a factual message with an open mind. I am not so stuck on myself that I cant see the forest for the trees.

Loyde
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

Sinister Fiero wrote:I better get this question posted because I know Loyde is going to bring it up...

Loyde, you say you worked with HalTech. You even go as far to say that you helped design some aspect of their system. A couple of questions if you please:

1) Is Haltech still in business?
2) If so, and if I call Haltech and ask them if Loyde Rascoe helped design one of their computer systems, what am I going to get told?
3) What does the Haltech ECU have in common with the GM OBD-2 PCM?
While I am sitting here watching a OBDII sniff off my laptops, I can post to this one also... 2:44am central, and I really need to get to bed, but I just love this command tracing so I can actually make my own software and hardware for reading and writing a 68332 MCU.

Haltech is still in business in AUS.... Not in Garland Texas however. It was at Stemmons Fwy for a little while also, but I dont think they are still there either.

You can call the AUS location and inquire if anyone remembers Pete Lewis. He was the General Manager of Haltech in Garland. Rick ? ( forgot ) and I worked with Pete as the leads to EFI for the GSXR motorcycle engines. The only company with EFI on a 4 cylinder motorcycle back then was Bimota, and only in Europe. Honda was testing something on the GP bikes, but many piston failures kept them behind on releasing to the race teams.

Here is some pics of stuff I have laying in this computer room. I am a pack rat to the worse...

I even got you the phone number so you dont have to look it up.

Myself, Pete Lewis, and others spent alot of money messing with that EFI system for GSXR engines. These engines cost about 10k to build "right". You can be assured, I know how to degree camshafts, measure volumetric flow on a flow bench, and most important, how to use a torque wrench. I have about 8 of those things. Shall I get pics?

Ryan, come on... Haltech EFI in comman with OBDII? I think the EFI is a dead give away right off.

What are you doing with your tuning software Ryan? Last I remember we have a timing event, an injection pulse width, and air flow to deal with. What's it matter if one system has O2, MAF, and other assisting items for feedback. Its called development when you have a 1992 product that was the foundation to OBDII. I have some F7 and F10 boxes in my race trailer still. I cant remember the processor off the top of my head. I even still have the engineering blueprints to the F7 and F10 somewhere.

Oh, the F7 had IAT, BARO, ECT, for feedback.. you tuned it right the first time, there was no open loop and close loop to limp on. The F10 was later updated with MAP to support turbos, and staged injection, and most important, you could tune fuel maps to 16,000 RPM. I turned my engines 13,500...

Argh its 3:06am.. I got to get to bed..

Loyde