The Terminator is back in action

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:I meant to say flexplate, EB needs all the material he can get.

EB, get a life loser.
BTW, you used the same bolts that came from the N* that bolted on the flex plate, didn't you? The issue I have with that is that you are losing about .184 in thread depth protrusion.

FW = .280
Flex plate = .096

So that equates to about 3 1/2 threads - very substantial.

You used the old bolts, huh? See, this is the empirical type of research I do when I complete a project, nit just wham-bang it together and fix what blows up.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Thats where you are wrong, I ordered bolts for it.

Keep reaching eb
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:Thats where you are wrong, I ordered bolts for it.

Keep reaching eb
What bolts, where?
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Image
I knew it, Arnold's a banger.

Geeat pic :thumbleft:
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

EBSB52 wrote:If he "meant to write" flexplate then why are you calling him dumb? He knows the difference!

Because he can't even get that simple detail straight. He wrote that he took the flyweel and the pressure plate down to the machine shop and had it drilled. The PP has zero bearing on the union. You would bring the flywheel and the flex plate so they could copy the pattern.

Why must you tell him that a pressure plate has zero bearing on the fitment of the flywheel to the crankshaft?

Hmmmm, because it's true. We're using the same bellhousing, the same clutch discs, the same TO bearings, so the same precautions would be necesary as with the installation onto a Fiero.

Come on, Ed, I thought that the more you argue the more you understand these issues and the better arguer you become.

OK, if you a disagreement, then state it.[/b]
Sorry for the poor wording, Ed. Let my clarify..
My point was that you admitted that he meant to say flywheel and flexplate rather than pressure plate. In doing so, you acknowledged that saying "pressure plate" was simply an error in the conversion of thought into language. Again, you admitted that there was not a fault in thought, but rather conversion from thought to language. Then you tell him he's stupid and explain the difference between a pressure plate and flywheel, which you admitted that he already knew. See the contradiction now?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

EBSB52 wrote:

Keep reaching eb
What bolts, where?
Like I would tell you. If I liked you I might, but you are an arrogant asshole.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Series8217 wrote: Sorry for the poor wording, Ed. Let my clarify..
My point was that you admitted that he meant to say flywheel and flexplate rather than pressure plate. In doing so, you acknowledged that saying "pressure plate" was simply an error in the conversion of thought into language. Again, you admitted that there was not a fault in thought, but rather conversion from thought to language. Then you tell him he's stupid and explain the difference between a pressure plate and flywheel, which you admitted that he already knew. See the contradiction now?
I hate spelling shit like this out for Ed because that's stooping to his level. Thanks for taking one for the team.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Series8217 wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:If he "meant to write" flexplate then why are you calling him dumb? He knows the difference!

Because he can't even get that simple detail straight. He wrote that he took the flyweel and the pressure plate down to the machine shop and had it drilled. The PP has zero bearing on the union. You would bring the flywheel and the flex plate so they could copy the pattern.

Why must you tell him that a pressure plate has zero bearing on the fitment of the flywheel to the crankshaft?

Hmmmm, because it's true. We're using the same bellhousing, the same clutch discs, the same TO bearings, so the same precautions would be necesary as with the installation onto a Fiero.

Come on, Ed, I thought that the more you argue the more you understand these issues and the better arguer you become.

OK, if you a disagreement, then state it.[/b]
Sorry for the poor wording, Ed. Let my clarify..

Nice try, but neither of us can speak for the brain damaged one we call crybabyzone. When I wrote:

And lookey there...... the moron admits the obvious, even after one of his cheerleaders does all he can to falsely defend him.....

I meant the obvious was that it was the flex plate, not the pressure plate, not that crybabyzone claiming he miswrote being the obvious element. Nowhere in this thread have I claimed that crybabyzone knew that the flex plate and the FW were the parts to be taken to the machinist, just that it is obvious (to intelligent people) that these parts were the ones to be taken to the machinist. So I didn’t admit that crybaby zone just made an, “error in the conversion of thought into languageâ€
Last edited by EBSB52 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:

Keep reaching eb
What bolts, where?
Like I would tell you. If I liked you I might, but you are an arrogant asshole.
Riiiiiiight. So you used the same bolts as that came from the N* flex plate (not flywheel as you seem to call that thing). What's 3 1/2 threads for such a non-critical thing like the flywheel to crankshaft?

You said it all when you think a fair amount of slop between the crank bolts and flywheel is a good thing, as it aids in starting the bolts. I'm thinking having holes drilled by a good machinist who makes a CNC program is a good thing. I can bush my holes and still find center, all the while, only having a couple thousandths of play rather than .045?

Gonna put tractor tires on it next?
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
Series8217 wrote: Sorry for the poor wording, Ed. Let my clarify..
I hate spelling shit like this out for Ed because that's stooping to his level. Thanks for taking one for the team.
Comming from a tool who runs from arguments when people post things like dictionary/encyclopedic definitions, and then he says he hates those and runs, we'll keeep that in context.

But to be honest, your stupidity, naivety, ignorance and revisionism isn't an excuse for any errors I might make, but if you read above I addressed the assertions to which applaud. Just stay as cheerleader, Slick Willie.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Eb, I learned something not so long ago, and you may want to learn the same.

Never argue with Will, he will always win because I really do think he knows everything.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

aaron wrote:Eb, I learned something not so long ago, and you may want to learn the same.

Never argue with Will, he will always win because I really do think he knows everything.

Just as you want to suck on Chuck Norris, you also do Will. Not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld reference).

Will is great with the N*, 5-speed conversion. Even tho I think he's an ass and a GI joe brainwashed fool, I will not compromise logic and say that he's anything less than great with that accomplishment. Hell, he and some other guy were doing it at about the same time and I think Will did a great job and certainly posted the most info about it.

But did you miss the Imperialism debate where I posted my evidence and he took aff and wrote, "I hate that definition of, 'Imperialism." SO I posted many more and they were the same..... no respose. So you can cozy up to him all you want, but some times it's time to concede a few points instead of saying that if only the English language were different the US wouldn't be such an overbearing P.O. Crap.

With that, I partially agree with you.....
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

EBSB52 wrote: Will is great with the N*, 5-speed conversion. Even tho I think he's an ass and a GI joe brainwashed fool, I will not compromise logic and say that he's anything less than great with that accomplishment. Hell, he and some other guy were doing it at about the same time and I think Will did a great job and certainly posted the most info about it.
Thanks.
At least you prefaced the less than pleasant stuff with "I think".
But did you miss the Imperialism debate where I posted my evidence and he took aff and wrote, "I hate that definition of, 'Imperialism." SO I posted many more and they were the same..... no respose. So you can cozy up to him all you want, but some times it's time to concede a few points instead of saying that if only the English language were different the US wouldn't be such an overbearing P.O. Crap.
I generally leave your arguments alone because you ignore the points I make and focus on peripheral items. I think that is your way of staying in an debate... by being intentionally obtuse and impervious to any reason requiring that you actually read the "other side's" material with an attempt to understand. No one constructs arguments to your lofty standards because the rest of us treat each other better than that.

You still haven't addressed the issue of Mexican imperialism.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Man, I can't read EB's rants, even when he refers to me.

EB, learn to write so you don't put people to sleep. You remind me of Ben Stein when he was the teacher on The Wonder Years. Yes, you are that boring and monotone.

EB, you are not a technical genious, you haven't actually installed a different motor into a fiero. You admit to copying Will's build step for step.

You are over-engineering the flywheel in order to make yourself feel good. Thats great. When the bolts are torqued down, the flywheel isn't going to move regardless of what size the bolt holes are. If it does move, it will move a few thou and stay there. The flywheel rotates in one direction EB... its not going to move more than once, if at all. Even with your uber precice measurements you will still have some bolts carrying more load than the others. You can't be perfect, it will be off slightly. You are not super machinist.

I'm going to have my flywheel as long as my first clutch lasts, then I'm buying an aluminum spec flywheel.

EB, you knew I meant to say flexplate. I know what a flexplate is. I said pressure plate instead by accident. Wow, you mean to tell me you never had a slip up? EB, you are too perfect for this world, so you'll never be accepted. Yeah.. thats it.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:Man, I can't read EB's rants, even when he refers to me.

EB, learn to write so you don't put people to sleep. You remind me of Ben Stein when he was the teacher on The Wonder Years. Yes, you are that boring and monotone.

EB, you are not a technical genious, you haven't actually installed a different motor into a fiero. You admit to copying Will's build step for step.

You are over-engineering the flywheel in order to make yourself feel good. Thats great. When the bolts are torqued down, the flywheel isn't going to move regardless of what size the bolt holes are. If it does move, it will move a few thou and stay there. The flywheel rotates in one direction EB... its not going to move more than once, if at all. Even with your uber precice measurements you will still have some bolts carrying more load than the others. You can't be perfect, it will be off slightly. You are not super machinist.

I'm going to have my flywheel as long as my first clutch lasts, then I'm buying an aluminum spec flywheel.

EB, you knew I meant to say flexplate. I know what a flexplate is. I said pressure plate instead by accident. Wow, you mean to tell me you never had a slip up? EB, you are too perfect for this world, so you'll never be accepted. Yeah.. thats it.
EB, learn to write so you don't put people to sleep.

People of low intellect seem to not understand what I convey. People of higher intellect generally understand me and we communicate more effectively. That goes for in person or via the internet.

You remind me of Ben Stein when he was the teacher on The Wonder Years.

That is about your intellectual speed; care for the Flintstones?

Yes, you are that boring and monotone.

1) I’m not speaking.

2) Apparently you are drawn enough to keep coming back; your actions don’t support your contentions.

I’ve worked on different machines and transplanted various motors. As for Will’s, I actually haven’t gone step for step, but that’s not a bad idea. Actually I think he used the Caddy computer, whereas I bought a CHRFAB. Do you think his car is a POS? Come on, after he is willing to go to the ground for you, you’re going to do him that way? I bet you’re the kind of guy that, if he was fucking his best friend in the ass, he wouldn’t have the common courtesy to give him a reach-a-round.

You are over-engineering the flywheel in order to make yourself feel good. Thats great.

No, I’m ensuring it doesn’t go bye-bye. I plan on going to 8k (cams) after driving it for a while stock, and I think I don’t want to fuck with this again.

See, squirt, you’re used to a garage full of spare car parts, I’m used to working on multimillion dollar aircraft that have extremely heavy FAA oversight. There’s a stack of paper for every small operation, so I’ve been conditioned to do things right regardless of cost or time.

When the bolts are torqued down, the flywheel isn't going to move regardless of what size the bolt holes are.

There will be a point of torque where the flywheel will slip under the heads of the bolts if there is lash. Just like a clutch will slip from between a FW and PP at a certain point.

When the bolts are torqued down, the flywheel isn't going to move regardless of what size the bolt holes are. If it does move, it will move a few thou and stay there.

Hello, fool, this is a contradiction.

If it does move, it will move a few thou and stay there.

OK, and then it will move, and then it will move back the other way, back, forth, back, forth….. Before you interject that it will only move one way and look even less educated, it will move one way under heavy acceleration/dropping the clutch - the other way under heavy downshifting. It could get a harmonic thing going in there too.

The flywheel rotates in one direction EB…

Oops, I wrote too soon, genius. It spins one way, but has opposing forces applied to it as you accelerate or compression downshift - just add a dropped clutch either way and you have the kinetic load required to move it a few thou each way. Did you forget the engine can drive or the engine can be driven? Of course a puss-bag like you just drag races, so no fear of heavy, abrupt downshifts.

its not going to move more than once, if at all.

Again, then it moves back under heavy downshifting / dropping the clutch as you downshift.

Even with your uber precice measurements you will still have some bolts carrying more load than the others. You can't be perfect, it will be off slightly. You are not super machinist.

Uh, the load each bolt carries has zero to do with the load they carry. Even if the FW were of different thicknesses at different bolts, that wouldn’t affect the torque. So yes, my bolts will have damn close to the same torque applied to each of them and equally distribute the load.

Even with your uber precice …

HUH?

EB, you knew I meant to say flexplate. I know what a flexplate is. I said pressure plate instead by accident.

If you say so. Even if you did, when you drive home a nasty message, major things like naming the correct parts is sot of important. Kind of like the glass house thing.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

OMFG. Are you going to pick apart every single sentence by its self or are you going to listen to my argument as a whole? Are you too stupid to comprehend more than one sentence at a time?

I will agree with you that downshifting might move the flywheel, but I doubt it. I doubt the flywheel will move at all. All flywheel bolt holes are oversize. I've never heard anyone grenading a flywheel because of bolt hole size...

I am not planning on spinning the flywheel more than the stock redline of the motor. When I go turbo I do plan on the aluminum flywheel so I don't grenade the flywheel.

Spinning 8k on a stock flywheel is stupid anyways. It was never intended to spin that fast with such a powerful engine. You didn't think of that one did you super genious? I hope you end up with a load of high velicity steel in your back when it lets go at 8k.

Will has a great swap. Some things I would do differently than he did, but its in and it runs. A 12.6 on a stock motor with the wrong chip is impressive. I respect Will, don't ever question that. I do not respect you lecturing everyone on the forum with the small accomplishments you have made.

Really... too cheap to buy an aluminum flywheel or what? Ranting about a plugged and drilled flywheel is just wrong. Its the wrong way to do thing anyways.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

At least you prefaced the less than pleasant stuff with "I think".

It’s my opinion. You have great logic, IMO, but your so-called patriotism clouds it and skews the fuck out of it. I’m used to it, hell, I live in NaziZona.

I generally leave your arguments alone because you ignore the points I make and focus on peripheral items. I think that is your way of staying in an debate... by being intentionally obtuse and impervious to any reason requiring that you actually read the "other side's" material with an attempt to understand. No one constructs arguments to your lofty standards because the rest of us treat each other better than that.

Actually, no, I address every point and beg people to correct me if I took something out of context. Again, Will, as I’ve said a million times before and you know I’m right, how do you defend/support a president’s agenda of refusing to lower the arsenic in our drinking water, kill a bill designed to fast track workers with carpel tunnel (Ergonomics Bill) write and pass a law that revokes overtime pay from some workers, revokes personal rights, and a shitload of other goodies.

I read, understand and reply to every fucking letter of a person’s reply and it’s dishonest of you to say otherwise. I also try to find the central meaning of a sentence or two, as it is in context. I understand you don’t want to admit that some of the things Bush and the current admin does is not good for America, but truth is truth. Not everything Clinton did was beneficial, but I will list those and defend the others; will you do the same for Bush? No.

You still haven't addressed the issue of Mexican imperialism.

I don’t recall seeing it. Find it, repost it and will gladly do so. Do you deny writing that you didn’t like the actual and redundant definition of Imperialism? Hey, we were once heavily oppressive:

1) Indian schools

2) Pre-woman suffrage

3) pre-emancipation proclamation

4) 1950’s black/white fountains/bathrooms/bus seats

5) Antimiscegenation - in 1967 there were 16 states where it would be illegal for people of different races to marry - usually punished by deportation from that state.

Point is, this country is full of oppressive, nasty shit. Hell, we stole this land and now many white Americans curse the American Indians. So to follow reasonable logic and admit things like pockets of Fascism and Imperialism, if they fit reasonable definitions, seem to fit and hopefully we’ll be done with them. I understand the ‘brainwashing’ that GI’s undergo and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with America - everyone else is jealous - but that just isn’t the truth. The reason the military doesn’t allow older people to enlist has more to do with conscientious objection than other things such as health issues. Cops are the same way; police depts prefer young guys that haven’t had their ideals clouded yet, even if clouded with truths. You can teach skills, even highly technical skills, but you can’t teach loyalty and blind patriotism.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

EBSB52 wrote: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
I'm sorry, didn't get that.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

EBSB52 wrote: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
I think he was trying to say BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH .

Does that help? I know it is a lot easier to read than most of what comes out of Eb's mouth, errr fingers, and makes a lot more sense.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.