Has anyone ever actually RECIEVED a harness from Loyde?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

AkursedX
Turbo-boostin!

Post by AkursedX »

Can somebody make a cliffnotes of page 3?? Way too much reading for me.
'88 Fiero GT- 3800 Turbo Best E.T. 11.36 Best MPH 121.50 (Sold and gone)
2021 Hyundai Veloster-N (SCCA Solo D-Street)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (SCCA Solo STX)
WNY SCCA-Region Auto-X Program Chair
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Page 3 - Lloyd pops in. Jcnmutt puts his tail between his legs and recants everything. Sinister points out some flaws. Lloyd replies. Aaron pops in. everyone ignores him.
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
redhot

Post by redhot »

Loyde,

Lets stay on topic. So far I havent seen anybody say they recieved a wiring harness from you.

Why did it take you almost nine months to look into this box i sent you. What that box sat there unopened all that time? Bullshit!!Thats just crazy. We talked about what I was sending you and you said you would make up the difference with what you had laying around. I even offered to pay more and you refused it.

Yes I did appoligize for my behavier on the phone because out of the blue you wanted me to strip the 2.8 wiring harness off my existing and send it to you as if that is what was holding you up.

You know the thread on Old Europe about you going to Europe and get into racing or something. I got more that a little nervous and Im sure others did too because you had projects you had not completed and you were planning to just take off and what take the projects with you finish them there.

You had given me a number of dates that you would done and all them dates came and went. Then you say tell me when you have your engine out and ill get started on the wiring. When i had dropped my engine you say all right send me your 2.8 harness. I want to leave my 2.8 harness intact just as we had talked in March.

As far talking with Rborecky about the cancellation of our transaction I really dont know how that was possible. What is he your business advisor now. As far as my thought process.... well lets just say I no I was being put off unil you got/get your personel life straightened out. We had cancelled our transaction during our heated phone conversation we had. After you and I had that phone conversation I did send you an email apologizing for my behavier but our transation was way over by then.

I just want to use people....what the f!!!!!!!!. I paid you for a service and you could not deliver PERIOD.

Oh yea just for the record you werent my first choice to do the wiring. I should of went with my gut feel and never selected you. Then I could be bugging you all hours of the night for free and keep you from working on the paying customers projects.

Still waiting for that list of people wjho have gotten a wiring harness from Loyde. Im sure there are some....but Ill guess not lately. Sure complete installs....but not a harness alone.

How about this :

1)Go to Summit Racing
2)Find the part you need
3) Pay for it
4)Step over to the pick-up counter
5) And get told "Pull your engine and then Ill make the opart and send it to you"
355gonebad

Post by 355gonebad »

Sinister Fiero wrote:
355gonebad wrote: The best way to me would be to find a ECM that will run the series one and two and I like to keep it simple so if a obd-1 will run the series two why use a obd-2 but I will leave it up to the manufacture.
If you have a sugestion I will relay it to them.
Well, here is the problem. The OBD-1.5 computers (94-95) for the 3800 Series 1 engines will run a Series II 3800 n/a or SC just fine; using any non-electronic trans, manual, or the 4T60-E. The catch is the OBD-1.5 PCM does not currently have the capacity to control the 4T65-E's that are typically attached to the 3800 Series II engines (97-up).

Here is the kicker with the OBD-2 PCM's. 1996 was the only year (OBD2) that the 4T60-E trans was used. Physically, this PCM looks identical to the 97-98 PCM's; but it's obviously not the same unit. So far I have not found anyone offering reprogramming software or services for the 1996 PCM's. Starting in 1997, GM used only 4T65-E's with the 3800 Series II n/a and SC's. The catch here is the 4T65-E has an input shaft speed sensor and a pressure control solenoid whereas the 4T60-E does not. So technically, you can't use a 97-up PCM on a 4T60-E, although I think a few people (including Loyde) have tried it; but I never heard the end result on how it turned out. (IE: if they were able to reprogram the PCM in such a way that it didn't go into limp mode for the trans because of the missing components).

And for my final point I have been making for years; all OBD-2 PCM's don't have removable chips. Therefore, if you need a reflash, you have to either send your PCM out to get reprogrammed or have your tuner cross-ship one to you. Whereas with the OBD-1.5 PCM with removable chips, you can just turn off the key, wait 5 sec (for PCM shutdown), swap out chips, and you are good to go. Even a high-speed reflash (if you have your own tuning software for OBD-2) is going to take a min or more.

Quite honestly if your supplier is only going to want to make 1 harness, I would have them just make it for the OBD-2 PCM; but remember there are differences in the wiring between certain years of OBD2 PCMs. In any case you will prolly want to have one made for the "most popular" computer and then if one wanted to use that harness on another system, they could always modify it.
We are looking at using the 98 GP ecm for both one and two I just need to find out if 97 up GP ecm is the same as the 98 GP ecm I also need to find out if the crank sensors are the same. And the most common place to relocate the coil pack. The new harness I will sell will run on a stock ECM other programming will only be needed if you want to tweak it for more power. My goal is to make this simple and not to make it complicated unless you want it that way. I also know you can get a GM to reprogram an ECM for you if you have the vin code of the car you want it to be. I am looking at putting the Ecm in the right side of the trunk.
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

355gonebad wrote:
Sinister Fiero wrote:
355gonebad wrote: The best way to me would be to find a ECM that will run the series one and two and I like to keep it simple so if a obd-1 will run the series two why use a obd-2 but I will leave it up to the manufacture.
Well, here is the problem. The OBD-1.5 computers (94-95) for the 3800 Series 1 engines will run a Series II 3800 n/a or SC just fine; using any non-electronic trans, manual, or the 4T60-E. The catch is the OBD-1.5 PCM does not currently have the capacity to control the 4T65-E's that are typically attached to the 3800 Series II engines (97-up).

Here is the kicker with the OBD-2 PCM's. 1996 was the only year (OBD2) that the 4T60-E trans was used. Physically, this PCM looks identical to the 97-98 PCM's; but it's obviously not the same unit. So far I have not found anyone offering reprogramming software or services for the 1996 PCM's. Starting in 1997, GM used only 4T65-E's with the 3800 Series II n/a and SC's. The catch here is the 4T65-E has an input shaft speed sensor and a pressure control solenoid whereas the 4T60-E does not. So technically, you can't use a 97-up PCM on a 4T60-E, although I think a few people (including Loyde) have tried it; but I never heard the end result on how it turned out. (IE: if they were able to reprogram the PCM in such a way that it didn't go into limp mode for the trans because of the missing components).

And for my final point I have been making for years; all OBD-2 PCM's don't have removable chips. Therefore, if you need a reflash, you have to either send your PCM out to get reprogrammed or have your tuner cross-ship one to you. Whereas with the OBD-1.5 PCM with removable chips, you can just turn off the key, wait 5 sec (for PCM shutdown), swap out chips, and you are good to go. Even a high-speed reflash (if you have your own tuning software for OBD-2) is going to take a min or more.

Quite honestly if your supplier is only going to want to make 1 harness, I would have them just make it for the OBD-2 PCM; but remember there are differences in the wiring between certain years of OBD2 PCMs. In any case you will prolly want to have one made for the "most popular" computer and then if one wanted to use that harness on another system, they could always modify it.
We are looking at using the 98 GP ecm for both one and two I just need to find out if 97 up GP ecm is the same as the 98 GP ecm I also need to find out if the crank sensors are the same. And the most common place to relocate the coil pack. The new harness I will sell will run on a stock ECM other programming will only be needed if you want to tweak it for more power. My goal is to make this simple and not to make it complicated unless you want it that way. I also know you can get a GM to reprogram an ECM for you if you have the vin code of the car you want it to be. I am looking at putting the Ecm in the right side of the trunk.
I will give you the short answer... The 97 and 98 are "almost" the same in the wiring, but the computers are completely different. The 99 and up are different alot for good redesigned reasons. Then there was the 03 changes as well, then the 04 changes completely, then the 05, very slight change.

You will have alot of research to do in this area to be an educated reseller of OBDII components. Ryan has all those automotive degrees and certifications he can step in here and outline the exact areas you will be interested in.

Loyde
Last edited by FastFieros on Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

there, do i win the contest?
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

redhot wrote:Loyde,

Lets stay on topic. So far I havent seen anybody say they recieved a wiring harness from you.

Why did it take you almost nine months to look into this box i sent you. What that box sat there unopened all that time? Bullshit!!Thats just crazy. We talked about what I was sending you and you said you would make up the difference with what you had laying around. I even offered to pay more and you refused it.

Yes I did appoligize for my behavier on the phone because out of the blue you wanted me to strip the Boat Anchor wiring harness off my existing and send it to you as if that is what was holding you up.

You know the thread on Old Europe about you going to Europe and get into racing or something. I got more that a little nervous and Im sure others did too because you had projects you had not completed and you were planning to just take off and what take the projects with you finish them there.

You had given me a number of dates that you would done and all them dates came and went. Then you say tell me when you have your engine out and ill get started on the wiring. When i had dropped my engine you say all right send me your Boat Anchor harness. I want to leave my Boat Anchor harness intact just as we had talked in March.

As far talking with Rborecky about the cancellation of our transaction I really dont know how that was possible. What is he your business advisor now. As far as my thought process.... well lets just say I no I was being put off unil you got/get your personel life straightened out. We had cancelled our transaction during our heated phone conversation we had. After you and I had that phone conversation I did send you an email apologizing for my behavier but our transation was way over by then.

I just want to use people....what the f!!!!!!!!. I paid you for a service and you could not deliver PERIOD.

Oh yea just for the record you werent my first choice to do the wiring. I should of went with my gut feel and never selected you. Then I could be bugging you all hours of the night for free and keep you from working on the paying customers projects.

Still waiting for that list of people wjho have gotten a wiring harness from Loyde. Im sure there are some....but Ill guess not lately. Sure complete installs....but not a harness alone.

How about this :

1)Go to Summit Racing
2)Find the part you need
3) Pay for it
5) And get told "Pull your engine and then Ill make the opart and send it to you"

1)Go to Summit Racing
2)Find the part you need
3) Pay for it

Yes, I just walked into my local Summit, I asked for a LS1 sitting over on the engine stand. The kind sales person indicates I can pay for my new purchase today, and that is the "floor" model for display only, please go home and remove your engine so we can rebuild that to 402 cu in with some nice AFR heads. Its called a core charge if you did happen to get the engine on the spot and they asked you to go home and remove the engine and send it back for your refund of "core" charge money.

Summit is a retail comsumer mass market. They are not "custom" and design centers.

I specialize in something very few people have the time to research, or the money to invest in being a complete one stop tuning shop.

You just will not be part of the "few" to have a FastFieros wiring harness. Enjoy your install, and the pitfalls you will face.

Loyde
redhot

Post by redhot »

hey loyde,

i will enjoy my install and will give credit where credit is due. maybe i'll have pitfalls maybe i will not.

you missed the point of the summit racing thing.....which doesnt surprise me

there you go another LIE.....what, you walked to nevada or ohio??? because summit doesnt have a store in texas. i have personally shoved gum wrappers into the cylinder chambers of those engines sitting on display. Maybe you were going to install it into a customers car anyways.......so that okay.

loyde remember this email

"Rick, its Nov 10th… I wish I knew if Nov 30th was the lucky day I would win the lottery.. But looking at Wiring harness from the perspective of being done, I surely hope the odds are better of your harness being done than me winning the lottery.

Loyde"

that is the reply i got when i asked for a status update after i removed my engine

oh yeh....dale starcher sent you nothing for me that was the fiero farm...the c500...i had already included the c203 in the box of "junk connectors"

I would appreciate a reply on this forum......
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

redhot wrote:hey loyde,

i will enjoy my install and will give credit where credit is due. maybe i'll have pitfalls maybe i will not.

you missed the point of the summit racing thing.....which doesnt surprise me

there you go another LIE.....what, you walked to nevada or ohio??? because summit doesnt have a store in texas. i have personally shoved gum wrappers into the cylinder chambers of those engines sitting on display. Maybe you were going to install it into a customers car anyways.......so that okay.

loyde remember this email

"Rick, its Nov 10th… I wish I knew if Nov 30th was the lucky day I would win the lottery.. But looking at Wiring harness from the perspective of being done, I surely hope the odds are better of your harness being done than me winning the lottery.

Loyde"

that is the reply i got when i asked for a status update after i removed my engine

oh yeh....dale starcher sent you nothing for me that was the fiero farm...the c500...i had already included the c203 in the box of "junk connectors"

I would appreciate a reply on this forum......
You are not worth the time really. You prove no point in our transaction. I indicated that in my way at that time I wanted to let you know that your harness would be done and to you by Nov 30th... Then you called and made acusations I called you a liar, and a baby... Well, today that is true however.... Who cares... Dale sent me someones items, I cant remember every transaction I have with someone.

OK rick, you want to re-read your lovely email to me....
Rick Laney aka ex-customer by my decision wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: rglaney@sbcglobal.net [mailto:rglaney@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 8:10 AM
To: Loyde@FastFieros.com
Subject: more information needed?

I dont know why Im writing this.
I guess its a matter of record more than anything else. But here it goes.

It seems you've cut me off from any type of communications with you. But some we need to finalize our transaction.
At the end of our latest phone conversation you were yelling so load I could not make out what you were saying. At the beginning of converstion you said that you will box all the wiring and stuff that I sent you and send it back to me. Is that the the way we left it? If so, well I also expect a full refund of $750.And Ill just hack my way through it like ive seen some do and hope it works. At this point its not fun anymore. My God Ive got other things to do and I just might put the 2.8 back in and sell the parts ive purchased for this damn swap. Paypal would be fine rglaney@sbcglobal.net.
As i said in my previous email I still would like you to do the wiring and ECM programing but If you would rather not deal with me Its your call.
Like I said yes I sent you a bunch of wiring not typical of what you see from others and I did realize it would have made the job more difficult. Which is why I offered additional money, which you refused.
You told me to go ahead and drop my 2.8 and let you know. I did and expected some kind of delivery date but instead I got you dont have everything you need from me to do the job. The last time you said that to was when you had said you need a c500. I could not find the exact plug(86se , 4 speed , cruise, ac) by calling around to salvage yards. So I called KickHill and they said they had one. So i had them send it directly to you.I waited and called you to see if you had got it and you said yes. I ask if it was the correct thing and you said you could make it work ( by that response i guessed it wasnt the correct thing but you would repin it).
I would have bought a complete engine harness from the KickHill for $150. But doesnt it have to an 86 se, 4speed, ac and cruise? Im really not keen on have my existing wiring harness torn apart in the case Ohio decides that my car has to go through inspection in order for me to drive it. At that point I would be forced to put the 2.8 setup back in.

You know very little about me but what I know about you is that you are always willing to help people and you are very good at what you do.I know the converstion we had was not typical. And I sorry. I to have had a rough year. My dad is just getting out of intensive care after a long time on a ventilator.

Please Loyde we cant leave this like it is

I really dont want to end it this way and i dont want to make any hasty decisions. But do to the fact you have said you will not help me in the future( i hope that is not true).I think it would be best that you send me exactly what i have sent you. After all there are people that you have helped over and above the call of duty that paid you next to nothing. If anthing would be wrong (very rare but it could happen) with the ECM programming I wouldnt be able to talk with you to have it resolved.

Please dont compare me with someone who doesnt pay his way. It was never a matter of money. I would of gladly paid addtional. You know that

refund the $750

97 ecm
the unloomed 97 gtp wiring ( which is complete except the remainder of the wiring that ran to the starter, alternator and ac compressor)
all the loose connectors i sent ( c500, c203, the connector that goes to the ignition module, the alternator connector, the c1 and c2)
the wiring harness that goes from the crank position sensors to the ignition module

thanks...loyde ....and im very sorry

i still think you are the best and i would really like to do business in the future.
My response: > > >

FastFieros aka decision maker on my actions wrote:rence....
FastFieros aka decision maker on my actions wrote:
FastFieros wrote:
Rick,

I am sorry I will not do the wiring project for you now. Friendship means a lot to me, and I will go out of my way for a friend. I will take a loss in money any day over having “goodâ€
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

Classic.

Isn't this the clown that tried to fuck Darth Fiero's wife?

I'm not entirely sure but he might be trying to visit Brokeback Mountain with Rick too!

What a wierdo.
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

MNFatz wrote:Classic.

I'm not entirely sure but he might be trying to visit Brokeback Mountain with Rick too!

What a wierdo.
LOL, everybody wishes they could have my cool ass wife. But too bad, she's satisfied with me, and me only!

First I want to apologize to redhot in getting off-topic in this thread. But this is what I have been trying to warn everyone about Loyde from the day my business transaction with him went south.

Loyde, you are rude, condescending, and a know-it-all. This is something almost all of your former customers have told me, themselves. Remember our phone conversation, Loyde? You know, that conversation where you said I needed to take my customer aside and explain to him that because this is a "hybrid" swap, nothing is going to work as it should (concerning: false trouble codes that kept setting in the PCM you did for him). I also remember a certain phone call where you called my then wife-to-be, and started asking her personal questions about our relationship. So you want to talk about low-blows, you better go look in a mirror. I think that is why you would rather talk on the phone. That way you can talk a bunch of BS and make comments that no one can hold your feet to the fire on at a later time.

You are right, I have a lot of pieces of paper. I sure spent a lot of money, a lot of my life, and worked my fucking ass off to get those pieces of paper. I finished top of my class in college. I am sorry if you don't think a "proper" education is befitting you or that it means anything when it comes to the real world. I would much rather have the proper training and no experience than have 30 years of hillbilly, shadetree mechanic experience doing the job the wrong way every time.

Some of the things I have done were hookup, tuning, and operation of the Accel DFI systems, MoTeC EFI systems, GM OBD-1 and OBD-2 systems. I have also personally built engines from the ground up, used ALL the pieces of machining equipment you would find in the modern machine shop, and even some you won't find in the typical shop. I have ported and flowed my own heads, learned where to remove material and where not to. I have personally installed engines (including my own) on a Superflow engine dyno, calibrated the dyno, hooked up all sensors to the engine, and dyno tested it. This, on top of all the other stuff I have done for myself on a personal level and stuff I have done for customers and friends. So you can go on talking about your associations with HalTech, and how much that system (70's and 80's technology) has in common with the modern OBD-2 GM system; because there isn't much. But I am sure you will find a way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I really don't care. The fact of the matter is your ass got pwn3d and you refuse to admit it...case in point: How you have dodged the SC oil leakage question in this thread. Peeps, this is another common Loyde tactic; IE: If you got owned, change the subject and quick!

Loyde, think what you will about me but don't think I am ever going to allow you to give me a hug. I don't want you touching me. No telling what you will try to plant on me to get me into trouble or smear my name. I hate to say it Loyde, but you are looking like another V8Archie upstart. But hey, if that is the way you want to do business, be my guest. I am going to sit here in my little corner of the world and continue to help the Fiero AND automotive communities with as much free information and fairly priced services as I can. If somebody wants me to do a swap for them, I am going to do the best job possible no matter how long it takes. I don't need to do a swap in 10 days. If it takes 100 days to turn out a QUALITY PRODUCT, I am going to do just that.

Every customer is valuable to me. I don't talk down to my customers, I treat them with respect and whenever possible, I offer them as much information as they want in an effort to better educate them so they can make an informed decision. I do all of this BEFORE I am ever paid a dime. But you know what, I am going to shut up now. I think I have already given you too much helpful information for your business.

Have a nice day. Oh and, don't go away mad, just go away!
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Sinister Fiero wrote: I would much rather have the proper training and no experience than have 30 years of hillbilly, shadetree mechanic experience doing the job the wrong way every time.
Now why did you have to go and bring V8Archie into this?

/sarcasm
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

Sinister Fiero wrote:
MNFatz wrote:Classic.

What a wierdo.
LOL, everybody wishes they could have my cool ass wife. But too bad, she's satisfied with me, and me only!

First I want to apologize to redhot in getting off-topic in this thread. But this is what I have been trying to warn everyone about Loyde from the day my business transaction with him went south.

Loyde, you are rude, condescending, and a know-it-all. This is something almost all of your former customers have told me, themselves. Remember our phone conversation, Loyde? You know, that conversation where you said I needed to take my customer aside and explain to him that because this is a "hybrid" swap, nothing is going to work as it should (concerning: false trouble codes that kept setting in the PCM you did for him). I also remember a certain phone call where you called my then wife-to-be, and started asking her personal questions about our relationship. So you want to talk about low-blows, you better go look in a mirror. I think that is why you would rather talk on the phone. That way you can talk a bunch of BS and make comments that no one can hold your feet to the fire on at a later time.

You are right, I have a lot of pieces of paper. I sure spent a lot of money, a lot of my life, and worked my fucking ass off to get those pieces of paper. I finished top of my class in college. I am sorry if you don't think a "proper" education is befitting you or that it means anything when it comes to the real world. I would much rather have the proper training and no experience than have 30 years of hillbilly, shadetree mechanic experience doing the job the wrong way every time.

Some of the things I have done were hookup, tuning, and operation of the Accel DFI systems, MoTeC EFI systems, GM OBD-1 and OBD-2 systems. I have also personally built engines from the ground up, used ALL the pieces of machining equipment you would find in the modern machine shop, and even some you won't find in the typical shop. I have ported and flowed my own heads, learned where to remove material and where not to. I have personally installed engines (including my own) on a Superflow engine dyno, calibrated the dyno, hooked up all sensors to the engine, and dyno tested it. This, on top of all the other stuff I have done for myself on a personal level and stuff I have done for customers and friends. So you can go on talking about your associations with HalTech, and how much that system (70's and 80's technology) has in common with the modern OBD-2 GM system; because there isn't much. But I am sure you will find a way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I really don't care. The fact of the matter is your ass got pwn3d and you refuse to admit it...case in point: How you have dodged the SC oil leakage question in this thread. Peeps, this is another common Loyde tactic; IE: If you got owned, change the subject and quick!

Loyde, think what you will about me but don't think I am ever going to allow you to give me a hug. I don't want you touching me. No telling what you will try to plant on me to get me into trouble or smear my name. I hate to say it Loyde, but you are looking like another V8Archie upstart. But hey, if that is the way you want to do business, be my guest. I am going to sit here in my little corner of the world and continue to help the Fiero AND automotive communities with as much free information and fairly priced services as I can. If somebody wants me to do a swap for them, I am going to do the best job possible no matter how long it takes. I don't need to do a swap in 10 days. If it takes 100 days to turn out a QUALITY PRODUCT, I am going to do just that.

Every customer is valuable to me. I don't talk down to my customers, I treat them with respect and whenever possible, I offer them as much information as they want in an effort to better educate them so they can make an informed decision. I do all of this BEFORE I am ever paid a dime. But you know what, I am going to shut up now. I think I have already given you too much helpful information for your business.

Have a nice day. Oh and, don't go away mad, just go away!
You know Ryan, you should really try to back up your bragging about "helping" my customers. I can assure you, I can back up my accounts of "helping" your NOW previous customers. They are now my customers.

See, I have had/have 3 of your OBDI chips in here in the last 8 months since you made an ass out of yourself on P F F with that accusations I was out to get you with your OBDII programming. I am not even out to get your customers. I will help someone with OBDI when they tell me you can not resolve their tuning issues.

Humm, I bet this chip in my Pocket Programmer looks like your hand writing alot. I did remove the version to protect the customer as he requested.

We could get this topic way off on fuel tables if I posted the mess and hack job you are doing with spoofing the IFR because the MAF is starting at 2000Hz on OBDI, while in the real Series II/OBDII world it starts at 1500. Then the upper end of OBDI is 10400Hz, while in the Series II engine/OBDII PCM it is 11,500... What a joke to convince someone that there fuel tables are going to be consistent with a MAF that was not designed for those parameters. Oh, I guess one of those degrees "taught" you about spoofing.

Yes, an educated comsumer will make a better purchasing decisions. Several have called and made sure my services are available just today.

I dont have a problem with V8Archie. He has 2 workers that actually does the work on the chop tops, and V8 installs. V8Archie is an asset to the Fiero community as a whole, just like Ed Parks is. ANYONE willing to serve a car that is not in any way a "collectors" item, and put up with people like you that have to run other vendors down to get business has strong will, and a strong mind. Oh, they are educated most likely also, but have manners. I was in Archies shop just 5 weeks ago. We agree to disagree on some subjects, but we dont let it stop us from having lunch and talking about you.

Gee, I checked my attitude at the login screen... nope.... Not mad...

Loyde
Sinister Fiero

Post by Sinister Fiero »

FastFieros wrote:
You know Ryan, you should really try to back up your bragging about "helping" my customers. I can assure you, I can back up my accounts of "helping" your NOW previous customers. They are now my customers.
Hmm, I don't seem to recall me ever saying I helped any of your previous customers. What exactly did I say...
Sinister Fiero wrote: This is something almost all of your former customers have told me, themselves.
Where did I say in that statement that I "helped" your previous customers? And what does it matter if I do? What does it matter if you took one or two of my customers? OMG, I better close up my shop because Loyde is taking customers from me! Don't flatter yourself, Loyde; my shop schedule is quite full for the next 6 months and my business is in no danger of drying up. But, if it helps you sleep at night thinking you one-upped me by "taking" one or two of my customers; well maybe you have bigger problems and should probably seek professional help for that.

FastFieros wrote: See, I have had/have 3 of your OBDI chips in here in the last 8 months since you made an ass out of yourself on P F F with that accusations I was out to get you with your OBDII programming. I am not even out to get your customers. I will help someone with OBDI when they tell me you can not resolve their tuning issues. Humm, I bet this chip in my Pocket Programmer looks like your hand writing a lot. I did remove the version to protect the customer as he requested.
WOW, you have had 3 of my chips out of over 180 I have ever done. Big deal. So you got one of my old ones because you were able to convince one of my customers that you could do a better job. Well, I got news for you, I know who that chip belonged to and that person STILL CALLS ME asking for help to this day! Now why would they be calling me for advice or asking questions if you are so much better than me? Do I really give a rat's ass?

And just to be clear, I have NEVER abandoned any customer who has agreed to work with me on the tuning. I think I offer pretty good OBD-1 chip programming services for the $40 that I charge. How much are you charging for OBD-1 programming, Loyde?

FastFieros wrote: We could get this topic way off on fuel tables if I posted the mess and hack job you are doing with spoofing the IFR because the MAF is starting at 2000Hz on OBDI, while in the real Series II/OBDII world it starts at 1500. Then the upper end of OBDI is 10400Hz, while in the Series II engine/OBDII PCM it is 11,500... What a joke to convince someone that there fuel tables are going to be consistent with a MAF that was not designed for those parameters. Oh, I guess one of those degrees "taught" you about spoofing.
My chips are a mess huh. What do you call the junk you layed down on those PCMs you did for me? Two different year programs on the same PCM which resulted in a slipping trans? WTF is that if not a mess? This sounds like the pot trying to call the kettle black to me if I have ever heard it! What a joke!

And about my chips...I have no problem running chips like this in my cars, and the cars of countless other clients. Yes, I am aware of the difference between the two Series of engines concerning the MAF sensors. I just so happened to set up the programming on the chip a different way than what you may have done. So what? My way has worked fine. Since you brought it up, why don't you tell us how you have solved the problem and made the OBD1 PCM recognize the extended MAF operating range? And while we are on the subject, why don't you explain to everyone on here what happens on an OBD-2 car when the MAF maxxes out? What do you do then? Oh that's right, you have to increase the WOT/PE AFR table values to get the fuel you need since you are exceeding the MAF capacity. How is that any different than what I am doing with the OBD-1 chips?
Yes, an educated comsumer will make a better purchasing decisions. Several have called and made sure my services are available just today.

I dont have a problem with V8Archie. He has 2 workers that actually does the work on the chop tops, and V8 installs. V8Archie is an asset to the Fiero community as a whole, just like Ed Parks is. ANYONE willing to serve a car that is not in any way a "collectors" item, and put up with people like you that have to run other vendors down to get business has strong will, and a strong mind. Oh, they are educated most likely also, but have manners. I was in Archies shop just 5 weeks ago. We agree to disagree on some subjects, but we dont let it stop us from having lunch and talking about you.

Gee, I checked my attitude at the login screen... nope.... Not mad...

Loyde
I can't say that I care that you and V8Archie meet to have lunch just to talk about little old me. My my my, I never dreamed it was possible somebody as small-time as me could ever get under the skin of the likes of you or V8Archie so much so that you two have to sit down and plot new ways to try to get under my skin. Quite honestly, I think it is a waste of time and maybe you guys should get a life. I'll tell you that this thread is quickly turning into nothing more than entertainment value for me. I sure as hell am not meeting people for lunch just so I can talk about Loyde and V8Archie, so don't flatter yourselves. And lets get another thing straight; I don't "run competing vendors down" to improve my business; no, I think you are confusing me with the stuff you and V8Archie pull. You see, the ONLY time I ever get into threads and disagree/debate some piece of information someone posts is when what is posted is actually misinformation. Let me give you an example...

Not too long ago, you were going around on Old Europe and the Yahoo mailing list, telling people to scrap their EVAP systems and just leave the vent tube from the tank open. You never gave any explanation as to what the EVAP system does. Why? I don't know. Maybe is was because you don’t know exactly what it does. Maybe you don’t care. All I know is you referred to the EVAP system with the same term you refer to every other emissions system on a vehicle: "unneeded junk". Instead of taking the time to explain to people what the EVAP system does, or the EGR system does, you just tell them it is OK to remove it or disable it. And you call this educating your customers? Give me a friggen break!

However, you still haven't answered for the whole BS story you were trying to sell about the SC oil leakage that you TRIED to use as an excuse for your engines being mounted crooked and unlevel. Somehow, I get the feeling we will never get an answer to this and countless other BS stories you have tried to sell to the Fiero community. All you want to do is change the subject and attempt to smear me in some way. Well, it isn't going to work.
355gonebad

Post by 355gonebad »

FastFieros wrote:
355gonebad wrote:
Sinister Fiero wrote:

I will give you the short answer... The 97 and 98 are "almost" the same in the wiring, but the computers are completely different. The 99 and up are different alot for good redesigned reasons. Then there was the 03 changes as well, then the 04 changes completely, then the 05, very slight change.

You will have alot of research to do in this area to be an educated reseller of OBDII components. Ryan has all those automotive degrees and certifications he can step in here and outline the exact areas you will be interested in.

Loyde
Loyde you try to make every thing so complicated. You do your thing and I will make it easy for someone to put a 3800 into their Fiero and as always we will agree to disagree I do have to say you have a talent for pissing people off I was hopping you were getting better. As far as your post about trying to say this person is this person and pointing out who I am on Old Europe you are a little late when I was asked back to here I told everyone who I was and I do not know other peoples reason but I always use a different logon name and password. The reason is if you are computer savvy you know the more you use one log on the more chance for Identity theft.
I do apologize for getting this thread off track I should have posted a new one about the new 3800 harness this one is about you not getting people there harnesses from you.
Sorry guys and girls and whatever
FastFieros

Post by FastFieros »

355gonebad wrote: Loyde you try to make every thing so complicated. You do your thing and I will make it easy for someone to put a 3800 into their Fiero and as always we will agree to disagree I do have to say you have a talent for pissing people off I was hopping you were getting better. As far as your post about trying to say this person is this person and pointing out who I am on Old Europe you are a little late when I was asked back to here I told everyone who I was and I do not know other peoples reason but I always use a different logon name and password. The reason is if you are computer savvy you know the more you use one log on the more chance for Identity theft.
I do apologize for getting this thread off track I should have posted a new one about the new 3800 harness this one is about you not getting people there harnesses from you.
Well, Mike... Let me help you in your research to wiring harness....

http://www.injectiontechnology.com/products.htm call 501-888-4399

This guy is name Jim ... He is the one that now makes Ed Parks wiring harness for the 4.9L, and look, he offers a 3800SC harness for $700... I would imagine that is no PCM programming, so my harness at $575 plus the computer programming at $125 is looking like a bargain.. Of course, I have to actually build the harness and ship it unlike the issue with Bill Cormer that started this whole mess of thread space.

Tell Jim I said Hi, I have talked with him on the phone a few times also about wiring harness.

There's also Street Scene in Houston. I have talked with them also about the wiring of 3800sc...

Loyde
MNFatz

Post by MNFatz »

FastFieros wrote:
355gonebad wrote: Loyde you try to make every thing so complicated. You do your thing and I will make it easy for someone to put a 3800 into their Fiero and as always we will agree to disagree I do have to say you have a talent for pissing people off I was hopping you were getting better. As far as your post about trying to say this person is this person and pointing out who I am on Old Europe you are a little late when I was asked back to here I told everyone who I was and I do not know other peoples reason but I always use a different logon name and password. The reason is if you are computer savvy you know the more you use one log on the more chance for Identity theft.
I would imagine that is no PCM programming, so my harness at $575 plus the computer programming at $125 is looking like a bargain..

Loyde
Except for the part where you get $700 and the harness never gets shipped.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Snap and owned.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
redhot

Post by redhot »

Still looking for the list of people who DID get a completed harness.
javascript:emoticon(':3some:')
3some
355gonebad

Post by 355gonebad »

Loyde you are so funny almost child like. If you are not going to get them their harness would you at least send them their money back and stop making lame excuses?