Moderator: ericjon262

crzyone
JDM Power FTW

One Trillion Dollars

Post by crzyone »

whipped

Re: One Trillion Dollars

Post by whipped »

They were saying on the news if you spent a million dollars for each day that has passed since Jesus was born, you still wouldn't have spent a trillion dollars yet.
My fiero is aliiiive!!
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

crzyone wrote:A little perspective

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

But when the US produces a trillion dollars, it fits in your wallet; it's just 1 rubber check. We can't be broke, we have more checks.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

the us is 11 trillion in debt. I don't know what school you went to, but thats well beyond being broke.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:the us is 11 trillion in debt. I don't know what school you went to, but thats well beyond being broke.

And the Repukes own the lion's share of that via tax cuts. I went to the school where I have a BS in Justice at a major US university, I'm guessing you haven't yet finished high school. My assertion that we have more checks, we can't be broke was obvious sarcasm with at least a high school diploma..... case in point.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Hahaha now you are blaming the deficit on tax cuts? So you think paying less taxes is a bad thing for you? You started a thread saying how pissed you were because you were an independant contractor and had to pay extra taxes!!! Now you are saying we are where we are now because you paid less in taxes?

Bwahahahha OMG dude just shut the fuck up.
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Hahaha now you are blaming the deficit on tax cuts? So you think paying less taxes is a bad thing for you? Now you are saying we are where we are now because you paid less in taxes?

Bwahahahha OMG dude just shut the fuck up.

Yes, that and war. Most of the almost 1 trillion in debt in 1981 was accumulated as a result of the Civil War and WWII as well as VN, then came fascist pig Ronnie and it > trippled in 8 years after his tax cuts and runaway spending, GHWB spent his term trying to handle it, raised taxes in 1990 to curb it, the debt increase began to fall, Clinton raised taxes again, the debt increase fell a lot further and he left a 33B/yr debt increase his last year from 12 years of ~ 250B/yr. Then your pig came in, gave away the surplus in a time of a pseudo war and declining GDP and created the worst deficit of world history. The deficit/debt have a correlation to spending, but a bigger and more direct correlation ot taxation; cut taxes, it grows, raise taxes it falls. You don't have to like it, it's just the truth. I can post data AGAIN so you no-minds can once again ignore it.

As for your 12-YO rendition of it being better to get something for less, it's hard to even read that, that's how GHW looked at the economy and it was / is in shambles as a result. The economy is waaaay too complex to reduce it to, "get more for less."

You started a thread saying how pissed you were because you were an independant contractor and had to pay extra taxes!!!
I started no such thread. What I stated was that begining with fascist Ronnie, first the divorce of healthcare from employers to employees via union-busting, GHW with his Overtime Law to seperate that benefit and now employers think they can pay us as direct employees wage-wise and yet have us as contractors. Of course you can dishonestly paraphrase me, that's just you and your neo-con buddies trying to rationalize your boy, GHW. Go back and find where I stated it your way about me not wanting to pay extra taxes as an independant contractor, I clearly stated that I didn't like to have both the terms of a contractor and the lower wage of a direct employee.

We are where we are debt-wise as a result of the rich paying lower taxes, our tax bracket is insignificant. The gov can raise taxes 20% and it barely affects our class.

OMG dude just shut the fuck up

I've just been told to STFU by either a 15YO or a so-called adult with a 15YO mentality that can't correctly quote or paraphrases someone if his life depended upon it.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Cool so when obama raises your taxes to 40% you will clap and give him a high five? You won't complain about being taxed more then you already are now that you think is too much?

EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Cool so when obama raises your taxes to 40% you will clap and give him a high five? You won't complain about being taxed more then you already are now that you think is too much?

I have no problem with a tax increase, esp after the recovery starts to take affect. My tax bracket will never be 40% and hypothetically if it were, that would mean the rich would be paying several times what they are now, so the fed would be huge surplussing and the debt getting paid down, so yes, I would be for all of that. The problem I have the carpet being yanked out, wages staying the same, benefits going away and the employment status unilatterally changing. Again, I can travel and make big $$, which is probably what I'm gonna do. But if I stay here and get a direct jof for 22-255/hr, it will be as a regular employee paying a regular employee's taxes, etc - no issues with that.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

The politics in this section are getting out of hand.... or not getting, they ARE out of hand.

Is every new topic going to have people poking at Eb and Eb going on a 2 page rant?

You guys agree to disagree, great. STFU.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

EBSB52 wrote:so the fed would be huge surplussing and the debt getting paid down,
NEVER happen. Congress is completely incapable of managing money and will never understand the importance of being out of debt.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:so the fed would be huge surplussing and the debt getting paid down,
NEVER happen. Congress is completely incapable of managing money and will never understand the importance of being out of debt.

True on many levels, but we have proven we can at least balance the budget; baby steps. But remember, the president is also hugely important in the budget and the debt, he is the ultimate legislator, as he not only submits the budget but signs or vetoes congress' submission. We've shown that in the last 30 years that the D's have been more prudent and the R's unaccountable.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

if thats the case then why is obama running up the largest deficit spending EVER!! even more then reagen and bush!!! What say you eb?

Not only that but he says he is going to cut taxes. Umm but aren't you against tax cuts eb? I mean we have to get this deficit paid down and you said tax cuts is what put us where we are today and thats bush's fault. So if obama cuts taxes, he will be just as bad as bush with the deficit spending right? I love making you sound stupid.

whipped

Post by whipped »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:Americans are completely incapable of managing money and will never understand the importance of being out of debt.
*scratch head*
My fiero is aliiiive!!
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Shitforbrains wrote:
if thats the case then why is obama running up the largest deficit spending EVER!! even more then reagen and bush!!! What say you eb?
What I say is that, as usual, your so-called facts are all fucked up. Reagan ran up >2 trillion 1980's dollars (not to mention some run-over to GHWB that required him to raise taxes to halt, which then cost him the election) and your recent hero ran up the debt 5 trillion, but worse than that was that he inherited a pretty good overall economy and a surplus, left a pile of shit as well as the 5 T debt increase and 1 trillion $ deficit. WHatever Obama spends is as a result of the world recession and Bush's idiotic policy. You wanna blame him, wait till he fixes it and time goes by, then we can tally up what he does. Anuses want to microcosm it, gee, I'm surprised.
Not only that but he says he is going to cut taxes. Umm but aren't you against tax cuts eb?

He's gonna either raise them for the rich or just allow the Bush tax cuts for his millionaire buddies expire, so there will be a tax incr for the rich, which I'm for. The taxes you pay or people who make < 50k pay is virtually immeasurable, so a tax cut ior increase at our level is insignificant.

I mean we have to get this deficit paid down and you said tax cuts is what put us where we are today and thats bush's fault.

Yes, tax cuts for those who make large dollars, but tax cuts for the peo-ons are insignificant. Now I know you are going to walk into my trap, so please do, little cricket.
So if obama cuts taxes, he will be just as bad as bush with the deficit spending right? I love making you sound stupid.
[/quote]

All you have to do is to ask me how tax cuts for people who make 30k, 40k are insignificant and you will help yourself to sound more stupid; please bite or just be a pussy and don't. It's a lose/lose, either you will once again made be made to look like the moron you are or are you will reveal yourself as the pussy you are so you've already set your own trap; your move.

BTW, Bush cut taxes for the rich and then massively deficit spent, so he did both. Obama wants to either raise taxes for the richg now or just let Bush's tax cuts for the rich expire, same thing. Tell me what you earn per year and then challenge me to explain how your taxes are insignificant.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

whipped wrote:
The Dark Side of Will wrote:Americans are completely incapable of managing money and will never understand the importance of being out of debt.
*scratch head*

I agree with Will, Americans are debt-mongers and think it's ok.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I make more then you and thats all you need to know.

You are right about one thing. You are a peon, and you don't pay shit for taxes.

Now watch as you take two lines of text and turn it into a book 12 pages long.

I am the puppetmaster, and you are my puppet. LAter peon.

Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Oh yea, and at least I am not mooching off my girlfreind for a place to live because I can't afford my own place.

CincinnatiFiero

Post by CincinnatiFiero »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Oh yea, and at least I am not mooching off my girlfreind for a place to live because I can't afford my own place.
Thats probably why he likes Obama so much, he thinks he is going to get free money. Freeloading piece of trash.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I make more then you and thats all you need to know.

You are right about one thing. You are a peon, and you don't pay shit for taxes.

Now watch as you take two lines of text and turn it into a book 12 pages long.

I am the retard, and you are my intellect. LAter peon.

I noticed you posted your wage and your occupation, loser trash. No, you are in the class of people who pay so little in taxes it's irrelevant. And no, I don't want fries with that.