Christmas in November!

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Christmas in November!

Post by Aaron »

So I got back to COlorado last night, and took some pics of my new presents. I don't have any yet of the new dash trim pieces, but I'll have them later today. Hopefully I'll get the Double Din Kenwood deck in this week, and I'll get some pics of that. It's badass.

SPEC Stage III clutch with Kevlar 6 puck disc (Any pro's here that can tell me if I have one with the extended hub or not?):

Davies Kraig Electronic Water Pump with optional EWP controller:

94-95 ECU:

94-95 MAF sensor (Hopefully I can find a bigger/better unit, this is OBVIOUSLY a bigtime block in flow, especially on a modified motor. Plus sooner or later I will exceed its capacity for reading air):
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

So how much will you be selling the double DIN head unit for when you find out that you can't hack enough of the support away to make it fit? Just curious really, I don't have any use for it either, but you never know who you might meet.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote:So how much will you be selling the double DIN head unit for when you find out that you can't hack enough of the support away to make it fit? Just curious really, I don't have any use for it either, but you never know who you might meet.
It will fit. Trust me. And if it won't, it will after I'm done with it.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

So what's getting destroyed, the radio or the car?
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Am the only person NOT running a Spec clutch?!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote:So what's getting destroyed, the radio or the car?
The car's dash will be slightly fixed if need be, that isn't destroying it. If we play by your rules, every Fiero out there is destroyed. Madcurl's car is just a big cut up piece of shit obviously, Skiitime's car doesn't even deserve to be called anyhting more than a hunk of shiftty fiberglass and metal, all engine swaps ruin the cars, etc. You know you can modify a car and make it better :thumbleft:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

donk_316 wrote:Am the only person NOT running a Spec clutch?!
Probably. I am running it because first of all its reputation is one of the highest, especially with the high power Fiero crowd. Secondly, it isn't very expensive (Picked that one up brand new for $250 shipped). Lastly, it should offer a very sporty feel, hold the power well, and last a long time.

We will see how I like it..
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

aaron wrote: Madcurl's car is just a big cut up peice of shit obviously,
Well, I've seen it. I wouldn't call it a piece of shit necessarily, but it does look a WHOLE lot better in pictures then it does in real life. And real life is where you have to live with your car. I'm sure you can make it look cool for pictures...

Post pics of the process, I'd love to see how you make it work.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote: Post pics of the process, I'd love to see how you make it work.
That is what you should have said all along, and thanks for doing it now. I will post a lot of pics, and I will do it without hurting the car too much.

I decided against cutting up the stock trim pieces, and since my aluminum ones for the radio and shifter panels aren't here yet, I will probably leave it off for now.
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

I'm just saying, it's not the trim pieces that would concern me if I were doing it. There's a whole lot of hard points behind there. But I'm sure you've taken your radio out and done measurements.

Right?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

stimpy wrote:I'm just saying, it's not the trim pieces that would concern me if I were doing it. There's a whole lot of hard points behind there. But I'm sure you've taken your radio out and done measurements.

Right?
Working on it as we speak. I know there are a lot of hard points and brackets, and I just bought some anti rust black paint and sheetmetal to recreate them if need be. Pics later tonight or tomorrow.

The radio looks to be too tall by about 1", and too narrow by about 1/2". It is actually narrower than the stock deck.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Re: Christmas in November!

Post by Series8217 »

aaron wrote:SPEC Stage III clutch with Kevlar 6 puck disc (Any pro's here that can tell me if I have one with the extended hub or not?):
You're a lucky man. That's the right one. Notice how the splined sleeve is flush or nearly flush with the hub surface facing the pressure plate? Thats how it should be.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Great, I'm glad to hear it!
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

That cardboard around there looks a little oily. Make sure you keep that clutch away from anything with grease or oil on it. Its almost impossible to clean the kevlar because it sucks up oil. It will destroy the clutch if there is oil on it and you run it. (So make sure you clean your flywheel and pressure plate very well too)
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Where did you get the clutch shipped for 250 bucks? I want one now.
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Series8217 wrote:That cardboard around there looks a little oily. Make sure you keep that clutch away from anything with grease or oil on it. Its almost impossible to clean the kevlar because it sucks up oil. It will destroy the clutch if there is oil on it and you run it. (So make sure you clean your flywheel and pressure plate very well too)
Thanks I will do that!
Where did you get the clutch shipped for 250 bucks? I want one now.
From AnimalGT over at teh Pfiffle. He bought it for an engine swap that never happened, from a guy who had bought it for an engine swap that never happened. Maybe it's tainted...
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

aaron wrote: The radio looks to be too tall by about 1", and too narrow by about 1/2". It is actually narrower than the stock deck.
It's hard to believe that of all the projects you have going, this is the one that has my interest the most. What a ricer I am.

The width shouldn't be a problem, you need that space to fabricate brackets. I seriously think that 1" of height is going to take you into the HVAC controls unless you relocate them. Not that that is impossible. If you don't mind living without center vents, you could put it up top and put the controls below.

Just don't expect it to be a 2 hour Best Buy install. You're gonna cuss. A lot.

At least I know I would.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Im thinking of putting my AVCR where the deck was and the SAFC2 where the vents are. Who needs the center vent anyways
Resident Import Elitist
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

There's plenty of room for it if you use my modified dash setup:
This is before it was totally done, I now have the HVAC controls ziptied to the bottom part of center vents, there's slots in that seem especially designed for the setup! Leaves plenty of room for a radio underneath if you want one. I also have aftermarket black carpetting and the very nice Fierostore floor mats made by Lloyd Mats. No center console, speakers, or side trim. Just the goodies where they're necessary ;-)
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I'll pass....But thanks for the offer....

Zip ties generally don't satisfy my fancy.

You fucking crack me up! :rotflmao: