-- Ten U.S. Marines killed in action

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

EBSB52

-- Ten U.S. Marines killed in action

Post by EBSB52 »

Viet Nam. Fortunately chimp will be out of office before he can kill more than 5k troops..... hopefully the next pres will have the sense to do the right thing.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

The military is trained to kill people, and blow things up... NOT police work...

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Mission Accomplished? Then bring them home!"Biggity
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

well atleast the Kurd militia joined the Iraqi army -- together its one step closer to the US pulling out
Blue Shift

Re: -- Ten U.S. Marines killed in action

Post by Blue Shift »

EBSB52 wrote:Viet Nam. Fortunately chimp will be out of office before he can kill more than 5k troops..... hopefully the next pres will have the sense to do the right thing.
Sense to do what right thing? I figure this inviting an essay and a headache, but I want to know what you think the "right thing" is?
EBSB52

Re: -- Ten U.S. Marines killed in action

Post by EBSB52 »

Blue Shift wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:Viet Nam. Fortunately chimp will be out of office before he can kill more than 5k troops..... hopefully the next pres will have the sense to do the right thing.
Sense to do what right thing? I figure this inviting an essay and a headache, but I want to know what you think the "right thing" is?
I figure this inviting an essay and a headache,...

1) So if I write too much, this benefits / damages the troops how?

2) It addresses the issue how?

3) Your short span of attention modifies my replies by zero.

…but I want to know what you think the "right thing" is?

The right thing would have been to responsibly engage in this action. Responsibly would have included sharing ALL intelligence with Congress and even the citizens. I know we are so removed, but the idea is to remember that we, as a whole, voted him in, so the responsibility is a one-way action requiring him to be honest. The RNC Chairman said, on Meet the Press:

1) Exact same evidence
2) Exact same evidence
3) Basically the same evidence

I can repost all of the evidence again if you wish.

That's just a start. Even if the Bush committee wants to continually say that Congress was beg=hind him, times change, missions change and it's time to reassess and that would include pulling out so we don't have to give American mommies more dead kids in time for Christmas. I would like to ask you what you think the long-term, sustained gain we will realize after this is all over. Feel free to use the past as a reference. E.g. Viet Nam, Korea, etc.
z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Post by z.MacK »

Our government; most important an our people are over there deleting the threats to this country.

Sounds good to me.
Lex

Post by Lex »

z.MacK wrote:Our government; most important an our people are over there deleting the threats to this country.

Sounds good to me.
How was Iraq a threat to our country?
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Lex wrote:
z.MacK wrote:Our government; most important an our people are over there deleting the threats to this country.

Sounds good to me.
How was Iraq a threat to our country?
Ditto. How was Viet Nam or Korea a threat to our country also? We could name several wars or little police actions in the 70's and 80's that were also not a threat to us, yet we indulged......
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Sounds good to me.
1 more thing, we will never delete the threats anywhere; we just delay them and aggravate them for future messes.
z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Post by z.MacK »

Al quida wants north america dead
(forgive the speling been drinkin)

GW will do what is best for out great country of the USA.
Lex

Post by Lex »

z.MacK wrote:Al quida wants north america dead
(forgive the speling been drinkin).
Last I checked Saddam wasn't part of alquida....

Bush hasn't done jack shit for this country.
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

Been drinking just like our president... Al Quida was FUNDED and TRAINED by the C.I.A. Osama Bin Forgotten was a C.I.A. assett, and the BUSH' and the Bin Ladens do business and vacation together...

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Bush will do what's best for his wallet"Biggity
JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

Are you the one who said the infamous Old Europe quote "He is our president and I will follow him even if I know he is wrong" Now THAT is a big problem.
Lex

Post by Lex »

JohnnyK wrote: Are you the one who said the infamous Old Europe quote "He is our president and I will follow him even if I know he is wrong" Now THAT is a big problem.
Wow. z.mack and toddster should get a room...
V8Mikie

Post by V8Mikie »

DiggityBiggity wrote:

Been drinking just like our president... Al Quida was FUNDED and TRAINED by the C.I.A. Osama Bin Forgotten was a C.I.A. assett, and the BUSH' and the Bin Ladens do business and vacation together...

Your concerned leader

I don't really see what the hel that proves. For one, that was in the 80s. Secondly, we supported anyone who would help bring down the USSR. We gave them weapons just like Russia helped out Vietnam. It was our way of getting back at them. Why would we not want to take advantage of that opportunity?
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

V8Mikie wrote:
DiggityBiggity wrote:

Your concerned leader

I don't really see what the hel that proves. For one, that was in the 80s. Secondly, we supported anyone who would help bring down the USSR. We gave them weapons just like Russia helped out Vietnam. It was our way of getting back at them. Why would we not want to take advantage of that opportunity?
We took advantage of them... exactly...

Your concerned leader

Diggity"Then we left them out to dry..."Biggity
Indy

Post by Indy »

DiggityBiggity wrote:
V8Mikie wrote:
DiggityBiggity wrote:

Your concerned leader

Your concerned leader

What a way to take advantage of someone...give them weapons so they can defend themselves...
Indy DOHC Turbo SD4.....someday.
Oh, and f*ck the envelope. (RFT Insurgent)
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Sure AQ wants the US dead; want in one hand / shit in the other. IOW's, they can want all they want, but since even Iraq's military couldn't even get 1 fighter off the ground, I don't see AQ doing better from here forward.

Bush is not doing the best for the US, but he will do what's best for his cronies.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

Indy wrote:
DiggityBiggity wrote:
V8Mikie wrote:
DiggityBiggity wrote:

Your concerned leader

Your concerned leader

What a way to take advantage of someone...give them weapons so they can defend themselves...
No, what the deal is, is that the bigs, US, Russia, China, etc are too big a pussies to fight each other so they vicariously fight through countries like Korea and VN by funding and giving weapons to the opposition.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

JohnnyK wrote:

Are you the one who said the infamous Old Europe quote "He is our president and I will follow him even if I know he is wrong" Now THAT is a big problem.
This fierce resistance against dissent runs along most lines, which makes it difficult to even debate issues. Paying taxes and suffering the consquences of the chimp's actions aren't enough, we also have to follow sheepishly.