Why didn't this building collapse?

A place for fun discussion of common interests we have besides Fieros

Moderator: ericjon262

zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

Because the plane's wing "clipped" the top of the building.. The article you linked to wasnt very clear about what happened, so I try to get all the news perspectives from news.google.com about a topic that I find interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00226.html
Last edited by zonyl on Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

only 10 stories - probably a solid concrete construction, not metal - the plane didn't go inside the building - it just knocked a wing off - the rest of the plane landed ont he ground and burned people alive in their cars
Last edited by Kohburn on Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EBSB52

Re: Why didn't this building collapse?

Post by EBSB52 »

I was thinking the exact same thing - figured I wouldn't steal your thunder!!!
DiggityBiggity

Post by DiggityBiggity »

LOL..steal all my thunder dude.. feel free
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

Post by The Dark Side of Will »

Stealing thunder ain't no thang, as it is simply full of sound and fury...

You know the rest...
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

It didn't collapse just to spite you.

The girder gnomes held it up

To goverment didn't blow the top secret invisible explosives planted during construction

The plane was an elaborate paper mache replica filled with pieces of shrapnel and jet fuel. No one actually died.

The aliens who shot the plane down didn't want the building to fall.

Got any more to add?
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:It didn't collapse just to spite you.

To goverment didn't blow the top secret invisible explosives planted during construction

The plane was an elaborate paper mache replica filled with pieces of shrapnel and jet fuel. No one actually died.

Got any more to add?
Hahahah.

You forgot to say that the secret shadow dealings to have the building taken down in a way they could collect insurance on fell through right before the plane hit, so they didn't pull it down...

Or maybe it was just to piss people off.
EBSB52

Post by EBSB52 »

The Dark Side of Will wrote:It didn't collapse just to spite you.

Got any more to add?

Yea, let's be like slick Willie and discard any potential that the beloved US gov, or any of its Fascist corps, could construct any slimey schemes. Pull your head out of the sand, Willie.

You do know that per Discovery Channel the US gov intentionally didn't conventionally bomb Hiroshima before they dropped, "Little Boy," don't you? Purpose was that they wanted to see what the damage would be with an undisturbed city - the casualty count. So even when the US gov is supposedly acting in good faith, they are scum.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

The reason is, quite obviously, so that you could start this thread.
donk_316
Booooooost

Post by donk_316 »

Series8217 wrote:The reason is, quite obviously, so that you could start this thread.
Bing Bing Bing!!! Hot dog! We have a weiner!
Resident Import Elitist
-------------------------
1991 Skyline GTR
(OO\ SKYLINE /OO)
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

EBSB52 wrote:You do know that per Discovery Channel the US gov intentionally didn't conventionally bomb Hiroshima before they dropped, "Little Boy," don't you? Purpose was that they wanted to see what the damage would be with an undisturbed city - the casualty count. So even when the US gov is supposedly acting in good faith, they are scum.
Not sure where you're going with that... So you're more upset that the bomb was dropped on an "undistrubed" city than that it was dropped at all?
Indy

Post by Indy »

EBSB52 wrote:
You do know that per Discovery Channel the US gov intentionally didn't conventionally bomb Hiroshima before they dropped, "Little Boy," don't you? Purpose was that they wanted to see what the damage would be with an undisturbed city - the casualty count. So even when the US gov is supposedly acting in good faith, they are scum.
WE dropped it to demonstrate superiority and end the war, dude. I don't think I need to remind you of what happened after Hiroshima.

We could've bombed them into oblivion conventionally if we would've had enough time and resources. Japan wasn't exactly the ONLY thing going on at that point in time, though. Remember Dolittle?

If it were your decision, would you rather have deployed US ground troops onto the Japanese mainland? I'm sure THAT would've been a move in good faith.

Unfortunately, you can't win wars by sitting on your ass, like most Americans believe.

Oh yeah, and the building didn't fall over just to piss Diggity off.
Indy DOHC Turbo SD4.....someday.
Oh, and f*ck the envelope. (RFT Insurgent)
JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

Indy wrote:
EBSB52 wrote:
WE dropped it to demonstrate superiority and end the war, dude. I don't think I need to remind you of what happened after Hiroshima.

We could've bombed them into oblivion conventionally if we would've had enough time and resources. Japan wasn't exactly the ONLY thing going on at that point in time, though. Remember Dolittle?

If it were your decision, would you rather have deployed US ground troops onto the Japanese mainland? I'm sure THAT would've been a move in good faith.

Unfortunately, you can't win wars by sitting on your ass, like most Americans believe.

Oh yeah, and the building didn't fall over just to piss Diggity off.
But they picked Hiroshima and left it intact because it was the perfect 'test' city (population, density, size, etc)..
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

About 4 months after 9-11 or so, in Orlando some kid stole a plane from an airport down here and flew it into a tall building in downtown Orlando.

The building didn't fall down either. Conspiracy there too? I doubt it.

The plane was a single prop Cessna!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha. Oh man why didnt' it collapse? LAWL.
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:About 4 months after 9-11 or so, in Orlando some kid stole a plane from an airport down here and flew it into a tall building in downtown Orlando.

The building didn't fall down either. Conspiracy there too? I doubt it.

The plane was a single prop Cessna!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha. Oh man why didnt' it collapse? LAWL.
The kid didnt realize it takes more than a plane to bring down a building, it takes some good 'ol fashion secret republican conspiracy as well.
The Dark Side of Will
Peer Mediator

JohnnyK wrote: But they picked Hiroshima and left it intact because it was the perfect 'test' city (population, density, size, etc)..
Yeah? When was that decision made?

The amount of damage done to Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Tokyo was about the same. The difference is that one bomb each did that damage to the first two, while it took months of conventional bombing to do it to Tokyo.

The alternative to using the bomb was of course and invasion to make Normandy look like kids playing in a sand box. Something like 4 million purple hearts were minted in preparation for that invasion...