You will never see this from Fiero owners

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Shaun41178(2)

You will never see this from Fiero owners

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Fiero owners will never do this. Why? Because it costs money and god forbid anyone of us spends money. Plus we love to speculate and guess on hp numbers from gains without any actual proof which totally goes against being a fiero owner to have actual dyno numbers.

back to back to back dyno comparisons of different manifold systems.

Just going to post the link.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1463564
FieroPhrek working on that ls4 swap for 18 years and counting now. 18 years!!!!! LOL

530 whp is greater than 312
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Thats an awesome comparison. Future magazine writer.

I agree, most fiero owners wouldn't do something like that. Although, the hondas have alot more aftermarket products to try out.
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Could you see that being duplicated with any other marque? The amount of aftermarket for Honda is staggering.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

yea they might have an aftermarket larger then ours but why does that matter? It has nothing to do with the aftermarket. It just has to do with fiero owners not wanting to spend the money to dyno it. butt dynos are just as good as well all know.

There are several different "headers" out there for the 60 degree motors in fieros right? Aren't there several manifold designs for the 3800 as well? Those could all be tested back to back as well.

The fact that there is less of an aftermarket for Fieros has nothing to do with it. Thats just a copout excuse.

Hell we couldnt' even get a true back to back test of the truleo intake. It was thrown on with the addition of other mods at the same time so who knows how much of a difference it made by itself.

I already did a back to back on the ported tb so we all know what it does on a 2p8 but no idea on a 3.4 right? Why doesnt' someone do that?

How about a back to back on the power pulley so we know just how much power it adds?

How about a back to back on 1.6 rocker mod?

How abuot a back to back on the 13 degree cam retard on the dohc swap fieros?

Tons of motor swaps, very little dynos, and no true back to back testing of mods on these cars. If there are point them out. Only one I know of is the ported tb done by me and I would say stimpy's intake mod would sort of count in there as well.

Like I said it has nothing to do with the aftermarket as the aftermarket is there. Its peoples unwillingness to actually spend the money to do it.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

there are about 1000X as many people modifying hondas - and you find one header comparison and expect the lesser fiero population to keep up with them?

you are just looking for reasons to bag on fiero owners.. its getting a little old too - bag on some ricers or mullets for a while - or maybe you want to do a header comparison on your 2.8 since you still have one?

half the reason there aren't comparison on the 2.8 headers is because the people who mod the 2.8 are usually trying to go the cheap route - everyone who would spend the money on a dyno also does a swap.

apples and oranges

cam retard the on 3.4 can be done - huge PITA with stock pulleys.. but once iI make the adjustable pulleys i plan to
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

I'll be dynoeing my 3.4 once I get it running, but it will have my fully re-engineered heads, 13* retard, a shorty 2.5" exhaust, and the EWP. I'd like to see 200+ WHP, but I really don't have any expectations.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:yea they might have an aftermarket larger then ours but why does that matter? It has nothing to do with the aftermarket. It just has to do with fiero owners not wanting to spend the money to dyno it. butt dynos are just as good as well all know.
Wow, I sure didn't mean to sound like I was defending anyone. Please, continue to shit on everyone. I was just making a comment on how much aftermarket there is for Honda. Compared to say, Toyota or BMW.

:tool:
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in."
z.MacK
Use a smaller avatar

Post by z.MacK »

hmmm, I see a honda-tek link

Ya... I wouldnt ever do whatever it is you speak of
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Re: You will never see this from Fiero owners

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Fiero owners will never do this. Why? Because it costs money and god forbid anyone of us spends money. Plus we love to speculate and guess on hp numbers from gains without any actual proof which totally goes against being a fiero owner to have actual dyno numbers.
And just what percentage of Honda owners actually do this, hmm?
Why don't you count up the number of Honda owners you see posting these back to back dynos of some engine part.. divide by the total number of Honda owners in the world..
Now multiply this number by the number of Fiero owners. It will be less than 10.

Now if you found a car fanbase about as big as that for the Fiero, and then showed that they had back to back dynos of some part... that might mean something.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Besides, there are a lot of Fiero owners who do this. Look at all of the dynoes posted after the Truelo intake.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

aaron wrote:Besides, there are a lot of Fiero owners who do this. Look at all of the dynoes posted after the Truelo intake.
Good point..
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Other mods were done at the same time though at the time of most installs.

Only one I think was a true back to back but his 3.4 wasnt' running right in the first place. I repeat only one person did a true back to back.

None of this dyno 2 years ago adn bolt on a new intake and redyno. I am talking about same day, same conditions, not even unstrapping the car.

It also has nothibng to do with the amount of owners that drive hondas. Moot point. its the fact that Fiero owners don't do it at all. so 1% of honda owners is still more then 0% of fiero owners? Agree?

Getting fiero owners to a dyno is hard enough even when specific days are setup to do nothing but dyno. Its hard to get 10 people to go. That says something.

Hell on the run to the keys this past year only 1 fiero was actually tehre. Everyone else drove their daily drivers. I mean come on!!!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

So are you footing the bill for me to leave my Fiero strapped on the dyno for an hour while I change intake manifolds?

Sure when you have a tiny 4 cyl, 8 bolts (Which btw are easy as hell to get out), you can have them changed in 10 minutes. Plus you can rest assured that that dyno shop was cutting them a break because a lot of dyno shops are into import tuning and such, and would be willing to "sponsor" such an event. Go ahead and call me the next time a dyno shop donates a few hours so I can test back to back a homemade intake for a car they didn't know existed, with an engine that is found more in junkyards than in parking lots.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:It also has nothibng to do with the amount of owners that drive hondas. Moot point. its the fact that Fiero owners don't do it at all.
"Fiero owners don't do it at all", and yet you mentioned one in your post. Uhh? No likey the math?
so 1% of honda owners is still more then 0% of fiero owners? Agree?
1% of Honda owners, my ass. You think like a hundred thousand Honda owners are doing back to back comparisons? You're out of your mind.
There are over 16 million Civics alone. Lets say half of those are still on the road. That makes about 8 million Civic owners. I don't think there's 80,000 Civic owners out there doing back to back dyno tests. I don't think theres 8,000. How about .0001%? 800. Pretty high but lets just leave it at that.
370,000 Fieros were built. Lets say half of those are still on the road (probably less than that considering how many more I see in the junkyard than anywhere else). That makes 185,000 Fieros. .0001% of 185,000 is 18.5.
I'll bet if we looked long and hard enough we could find at least a dozen people who have done back to back dyno tests on Fieros. Pennock's isn't the whole world, Shaun; notice they have just over 1500 ACTIVE members.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Series8217 wrote: I'll bet if we looked long and hard enough we could find at least a dozen people who have done back to back dyno tests on Fieros. Pennock's isn't the whole world, Shaun; notice they have just over 1500 ACTIVE members.
Start a thread then calling for people with this done. On every forum you can think of even asking people if they have done this, or even know of anyone that has done this and can provide proof. I dont' think this is going to go far though considering the standard trend of where posts taht have the word dyno in them anywhere goes. Post on every board you know of.

I predict no more then 3 not counting myself and Herb Adams.

Which leaves you only haveing to find 10 to get a dozen total. Think thats going to happen?

Look man I am not trying to piss people off. I am just stating facts. fiero owners wont' be doing this. Do you not agree with that statement?
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote: I am just stating facts. fiero owners wont' be doing this. Do you not agree with that statement?
YOu're not stating facts. You're speculating and talking out of your ass. You're doing exactly what you say Fiero owners are doing, speculating and guessing without any actual proof.
I will post on Fiero forums and see what dyno charts I can get.

I agree that less Fiero owners overall are going to be doing this, simply because there are less Fiero owners and less actual parts to test (helloooo Honda aftermarket?!). I do not agree that it has anything to do with mentality.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

Find 10 more then to make your .0001 then for a dozen.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:Find 10 more then to make your .0001 then for a dozen.
I'm searching.

Now you go find your 800 Civic testers.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I dont' need to because thats not what this thread is about. this thread is about fiero owners, not Honda owners. I just picked a honda board because the thread was right tehre in front of me, but I can pick other boards too if you like.

And if you are that interested in finding 800 honda tests then go over there. I already know they exist so I dont' need to.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Shaun41178(2) wrote:I already know they exist so I dont' need to.
Just like Cali Kid knows he has 400 hp so he doesnt need to dyno it.