Picked up a pair of Trans Am fender vents, are they correct?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Picked up a pair of Trans Am fender vents, are they correct?

Post by Aaron »

I picked these up today at the local junkyard, they came off of a 84 TA and a 86 TA. Steven mentioned that there were 2 different sizes. Did I get the right ones? The tops and bottoms measure about 4" across on each, and they look to be identical (When mirrored of course)

88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

the size difference of the two versions is in the height - both will look good when molded in - i've seen both on the fiero
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Kohburn wrote:the size difference of the two versions is in the height - both will look good when molded in - i've seen both on the fiero
Great, thanks!

Now can you tell if I have long runs or short ones? From what I hear I have a long one, but I think the gals were just sayin that to be nice....lol

In everyone's opinion, which look better, tall or short?
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Why do your fenders need venting?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

crzyone wrote:Why do your fenders need venting?
So that my 460hp TPI can vent. Duhz.

In reality, because I like the way they add to the Fiero aesthetically. With it will come side scoops (Ausie's most recent, Stage II is it?), a hood vent, and some lowering.
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

The rainbow-y ruler is pretty gay.
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

aaron is a ricer.
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in."
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

the truth comes out.
jstillwell wrote:
aaron is a ricer.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Because I like the way they look.

I suppose Skiitime is a ricer too.
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Go ask him if those faggy things are the right ones to butcher your car with. While you're at it see where he got the neon light in his headlight door. That's so fucking hardcore.
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

I think skitime stopped posting "over there" because people were "stealing" his ideas and doign the same stuff on their own cars.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

You put pointless vents and holes on your car, you get called a ricer.
aaron wrote:Because I like the way they look.

I suppose Skiitime is a ricer too.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

jstillwell wrote:Go ask him if those faggy things are the right ones to butcher your car with. While you're at it see where he got the neon light in his headlight door. That's so fucking hardcore.
It is widely accepted that he has one of the nicest Fieros out there, and I agree. There isn't a Fiero over here that could beat his, Madcurl's, Project GTR, or Yellowstone's at a show. And every one of those cars has body mods that you would call ricer. Even moreso, a factory Fiero GT is a ricer. The body remodal did very little for function. In fact, the spoiler has been proven to do more harm than good, the rear end fascia does nothing but add weight, and the 1/4 windows do little but block visibility. In fact, Stimpy, your car is rice. A notchback weighs less, handles better, is faster, etc. BUt yet the reason you, or anyone else here probably picked a GT? We like the looks better. It is ok to like cars for their aesthetic appeal, or to mod your's for this.
Shaun wrote: I think skitime stopped posting "over there" because people were "stealing" his ideas and doign the same stuff on their own cars.
Then he shouldn't have posted there in the first place. With a car that looks that good, he can't honestly expect no one to borrow his ideas. And I'll be the first to give him "credit," after all, that is where I first saw them used. I will be using many body mods, seen on many first class cars, in an effort to create what I want.
Howy wrote:You put pointless vents and holes on your car, you get called a ricer.
Then so be it. But before they ever get put on, the car will have the performance to back up the looks, which in itself defies the common definition of a ricer (All show, no go).

Call me a ricer, ok. But I think they look good, and I intend to put them on. Even if it is, "rice."
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Skitime's car was nicer before the fender vents and cowel induction, both of which are very rice on a fiero.

Explin how a notchback handles better than a fastback. I'm interested to hear how 20lbs of fiberglass makes a difference.
eHoward
Banned

Post by eHoward »

I bought 2 GTs because they were maintained better then the notchbacks available. Not because I wanted to spend more for more expensive replacement parts.

aaron wrote: BUt yet the reason you, or anyone else here probably picked a GT?
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

aaron wrote: It is widely accepted that he has one of the nicest Fieros out there, and I agree. There isn't a Fiero over here that could beat his, Madcurl's, Project GTR, or Yellowstone's at a show..
If I'm not mistaken i believe that SoulCrushers purple 3800sc gt that is stock ont he outside other than suspension/rims/sidescoops has beat skitime at atleast one show.
In fact, the spoiler has been proven to do more harm than good,
*cough* bullshit - the windtunnel tests proved that the spoiler was functional in reducing the drag coefficient
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

aaron wrote: BUt yet the reason you, or anyone else here probably picked a GT? We like the looks better. It is ok to like cars for their aesthetic appeal, or to mod your's for this.
Damn, every time you open your mouth, you're ignorant. I happened to get GT's each time I bought Fieros because that's what was available. It's not like I walk on to a lot stuffed with 86 Fieros and take my pick.

I've just been lucky that way.

Fucking ricer cunt.
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in."
MiZer
and all I got was this lousy title

Post by MiZer »

Lol.. I put them on my car. =p
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

i know you guys love picking on Aaron - but i like the look of the fender vents, and in theory they should help aleviate some of the undernose air pressure
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Yeah, my friend Rick has them on his. It just cracks me up that someone needs to get approval from everyone before they "customize" their car to be like everyone else's.

But actually putting vents on the fender are going to do nothing. the fender is open all along the back of it, any air that gets in there easily escapes out the back of the fender. If you want to cut your hood open, knock yourself out. I've seen too many cracks in fiberglass to go that route myself. A thinking man can figure out a way to vent the under nose air into those open backed fenders without any evidence that the car was modified.

But that doesn't "win shows". If that's what you're into, join 4H and raise a pig.

And aaron is still a ricer.