3.4 DOHC and 3.4 OHV Fiero videos

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

3.4 DOHC and 3.4 OHV Fiero videos

Post by Series8217 »

Found a place to do some flyby vids.

Scott's 3.4 OHV /w Spintech muffler and Trueleo intake:
http://media.putfile.com/Scott34OHV-GR-small

My 3.4 DOHC /w 13 degree exhaust retard and blown out glasspacks:
http://media.putfile.com/Steven34DOHC-GR-small

After I parked at the end of the video I got out and told Scott, "we should get out of here before someone calls the cops or something."
A second later he looks up and points behind me; headlights approaching very slowly from within the the facility you see in the background. Teh "uh-oh"! We jammed real fast, after I spent way too much time just trying to find my keys. Oops.
I guess they either didn't appreciate us driving in past the open gate to turn around or they wanted to see what all the noise was (notice mine echoing off the canyon walls a mile away?). :thumbleft:

Enjoy!

PS: Yes, we did race a few times. I'm sure you all could predict the outcome :angel:
Shaun41178(2)

Post by Shaun41178(2) »

cool but sort of wish they were in teh daytime.

I am guessing the 3.4 pushrod whooped up on you? All that low end tq and all, probably kicked your ass.

Actually its pretty easy to tell in the videos that your car is lots faster. You winding it to redline? it doesnt' sound all that high.
crzyone
JDM Power FTW

Post by crzyone »

Ahh, brings back memories. I used to love how hard the 3.4dohc pulled in 2nd gear.

Cool vid!
Fast88Fiero

Post by Fast88Fiero »

Man, that sounds exactly like my 3.4 DOHC. Sounds awesome! :thumbleft:
88 coupe: 2.0 turbo 4. T25, w2a, meth injection
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

You winding it to redline? it doesnt' sound all that high.
I don't remember exactly, but it sounds like I was shifting just a bit after 6k. I just got to tuning the last high RPMs today. The "final" chip is done but I still have to test it. I may try to get some sound clips up to redline tomorrow. :thumbleft:

Sadly, it started raining again so things are still going very slowly. I got about half my projects done that I wanted to before going back to school (I go back on Saturday or Sunday).
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Series8217 wrote:
You winding it to redline? it doesnt' sound all that high.
I don't remember exactly, but it sounds like I was shifting just a bit after 6k. I just got to tuning the last high RPMs today. The "final" chip is done but I still have to test it. I may try to get some sound clips up to redline tomorrow. :thumbleft:

Sadly, it started raining again so things are still going very slowly. I got about half my projects done that I wanted to before going back to school (I go back on Saturday or Sunday).
I was going to say that it didn't sound like 7000rpm, and that if it was, your gear ratios were terrible as that 2-3 seemed to just murder it. I know the 3-4 in my white Z34 was pretty killer, but that motor had a very different curve and good ratios with the 284.
88GT 3.4 DOHC Turbo
Gooch wrote:Way to go douche. You are like a one-man, fiero-destroying machine.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

aaron wrote:
I was going to say that it didn't sound like 7000rpm, and that if it was, your gear ratios were terrible as that 2-3 seemed to just murder it. I know the 3-4 in my white Z34 was pretty killer, but that motor had a very different curve and good ratios with the 284.
Aaron, as soon as I was going to get into 3rd I let off the gas (as I pass the camera). That's why it sounds like 2-3 was bad :-P.. cause it didnt happen!
1-2 is the bad shift on the Isuzu. And luckily, it isnt bad enough to drop you out of the powerband. It could just serve to be a bit shorter for more torque at the wheels.
Aaron
I just wanna ride my motorcycle

Post by Aaron »

Point taken :thumbleft: