Hugh Lemma's V8 build.

Real tech discussion on design, fabrication, testing, development of custom or adapted parts for Pontiac Fieros. Not questions about the power a CAI will give.

Moderators: The Dark Side of Will, Series8217

stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Hugh Lemma's V8 build.

Post by stimpy »

http://fieroaddiction.com/SBCTa.html

I just checked this out. Wow. Not only is Hugh one HELL of a nice guy, and a class act, he's also apparently willing to spend the cash to get things done right.

Hugh is going to be stopping by my house in a couple of weeks with car trailer in tow. I wasn't really clear if he was going to have this car on it or not, but I'm looking forward to the visit regardless. He's always been one of the folks on .nl that I've looked up to, a quiet guy with plenty to be cocky about, but who remains humble.

Anyway, props to rockcrawl for a hell of a build-up, and to all the other vendors involved. It looks like it's going to be another wild ride for Hugh, a hot-rodder from way back.
My Fiero is now a Finale. The end.
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

Hugh's always been a class act.

Do me a favor, and take the man out for beer and nachos (or whatever the hell you Californians do) Email me the bill, I'll paypal it to you.

When I was down-and-out and doing the "I hate my life" depression thing, hugh sent me a handful of emails checking up on me--despite us not ever really associating that much online (at least to my recollection.)

I never forgot that.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

That will be tough getting the bill from him, since his point in coming out here is to take me out for a beer. But I'll definately forward your sentiments. Of course, you could always drop him a line yourself, you know...
Mach10
Mach10 offers you his protection.

Post by Mach10 »

That's true.

But I have always (I think) responded to his emails, and I'm sure I've thanked him for his well-wishing (I'd be a complete turd to do otherwise--deliberate or not).

That said, I find it somewhat difficult to open a dialogue with someone I haven't actually corresponded to in a couple of years, right out of the blue.

As long as he knows I haven't forgotten, it'll suffice, I suppose.
"Oh, this is too good. She thinks you're a servant... Cause you're black! This is greatest moment in my miserable life... Sooo-ey! I LOVE RACISM!"
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

thats a seriously nice engine build - atleast on the outside. looks like the money went to all the right places though.
Dirty Sanchez

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

If he does bring his car with that engine installed in it, you better make sure you get plenty of pictures. :thumbleft:
I treat others as they treat me
TurboGT

Post by TurboGT »

What tranny is that?
Mega Squirted Turbo 3400
The install
How to MS your Fiero
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

either 4t65-e or 4t80-e, its not a 4t60e.
r3v3rs3

Post by r3v3rs3 »

The transmission is a race prepared, cryogenically treated 4T65E-HD with a Torsen limited slip differential. The torque converter was built by Pat's Converters and is bolted to a custom SFI approved flexplate from Mondello. Shifting is controlled by a fully programmable Compushift controller and a steering wheel paddle shifter from Twist Machine.
Seriously nice stuff...
F8I6EgRtO

Post by F8I6EgRtO »

ive seen this engine first hand and it is very well done . this engine is gonna scream. from what rockcrawl says he isnt even going to test drive it. it is all up to hugh to be the one to be the first to take it out and break it in. im sure when its all broken in LOOK OUT. rockcrawl and hugh are taking no shortcuts on this one at all. hugh by the way is a hell of a great guy would never think twice about doing anything for the man
Chase Race

Re: Hugh Lemma's V8 build.

Post by Chase Race »

stimpy wrote: Hugh is going to be stopping by my house in a couple of weeks with car trailer in tow.
Cool. Tell him I said hi and ask if he's decide if he's coming to Seattle or not.
Doug Chase
Chase Race
Custom: cages, exhausts, fabrication
Duvall, WA
425-269-5636
coinage

Post by coinage »

is that ic piping going underneath the cradle?
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

It appears to.
coinage

Post by coinage »

thats not much clearance on a lowered car IIRC...i may be wrong though, mines been on jackstands for almost a year now...
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

looks to me like it goes inder the cradle where the arm of the craddle raises up about 2"

he should be alright
p8ntman442
cant get enough of this site!

Post by p8ntman442 »

he should hyave cut the frame and boxed it in with laser cut steel and had it professionally welded.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

p8ntman442 wrote:he should hyave cut the frame and boxed it in with laser cut steel and had it professionally welded.
damn you bastages love to nit-pic
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

We'll see. One thing for sure is that Hugh is someone who is willing and able to get it done right, and he's patient enough not to rush things. Hugh called me the other night to shoot the shit a little bit and he was saying that Jon (rockcrawl) Langler has pretty much gotten to hate the car with all the niggling details, so I got my money on that it's going to be pretty close to perfection. The description of the exterior doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, a little bit old school where I want to go outside the box, but it should be nice and sleepy for what it has under the hood.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like he's going to be bringing the car out when he comes out, because he doesn't want to rush Jon. But he did tell me to tell you, Doug, that he's still looking forward to catching up with you.
ConvictedRedneck

Post by ConvictedRedneck »

Jon Lagler

Not to nitpick :cheers:

He's my uncles brother and I have yet to see his shop. :cussing: [/i]
'87 GT 5-spd Getrag
stimpy
Who wants Ice Cream?

Post by stimpy »

Well, Hugh came through town yesterday on his US tour. He and his wife took us out to dinner yesterday.

I was honored.