Freeway Chase - What Would You Do?

Fiero topics such as vendor reviews experiences, car shows, Fiero buys acquisitions, Fiero Photography.

Moderator: Series8217

Weponhead

Post by Weponhead »

Ya know what got me one time, is when some scrawny little dude in a corolla in DC morning rushour, thought he had the god given right away to merge into my lane from the left hand side. It started with him not using his signal and literally he tried to push me out of the way " i was in my mothers acura MDX this particular day" and i dont think he could afford to repair a $50'000 car if he hit it. He gave up after he got within about 3 or 4 inches of my car and i didnt budge. So he pulled in behind me and proceeded to follow me, honking and flipping me off. I was done with this prick... with nowhere to go and him back there just completley flipping out i stopped dead in the middle of rushour traffic "going 10 mph" and at that point i saw his face go into "uhoh" mode. when i opened my door and leaned out to look at him i saw his lips go "oh shit". I proceeded to flip him off and drive away. He didnt move an inch until i got a 1/2 mile down the road. haha, i hate idiots even though i had to become one that day for about 20 seconds.
whipped

Post by whipped »

Kohburn wrote:but if you have sheilding or an old carb setup the worst it should really do is make your car stumble for a moment
shit, what if you have MTA behind you? He's teh unst0pp4bles!!
zonyl
not really

Post by zonyl »

MNFatz wrote:You know...

This has been bugging me since I saw it on '60 minutes' a few years back.

They dug up this hermit from the southwest united states that off the scale in the IQ dept. He does electronics work of a theoretical nature. They never did say who he worked for other than he's involved with DARPA. He must be good because he looked like street bum and they're still paying him.

Anyway. The guy setup a small rig about 20 feet in front of either a beretta or corsica, I can't remember. He pushed a button on his little machine and the car shut down. His rig was a multi-frequency electronic jammer.

Wouldn't that be seriously kick ass for tailgaters? How in the hell would you get caught? :la:
I have given a lot of thought over the years to building my own HERF weapon for the sole purpose of satisfying my road rage ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herf

There was an article a couple of years ago about someone building a HERF weapon using disposable camera flash capacitors (lots of them). The links is unfortunately dead now though. I did find this dude who has some pretty interesting Electronic weapons http://www.powerlabs.org/ (check out his subaru swap ;) )

As far a shielding, you would just need to enclose any solid state electronics in coper mesh wire ( fairly cheap )
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

Personally, I want to make an air powered bazooka to shoot Coke cans out from behind a flip down rear license plate. They'd never know what hit them, and they'd never be able to trace it back to me. A 12 ouncer to the front grill should reduce their enthusiasm for tailgating, or at least distract them for a moment.
Kohburn
FierHo

Post by Kohburn »

there is always the 3,000,000 candle power spotlight from behind the drivers headrest pointing at their face... I think modifying the wing t house like 50 flashbulbs would be ideal though
jstillwell

Post by jstillwell »

This thread makes me think about something that happened on my way to my shrink last week. I'm coming through Castroville, a small town I have to go through to get to the coast, and the road narrows to one lane through downtown. There's a couple of lights before you get to downtown that are 2 lane,35 mph. Lots of farm and produce trucks.

So I'm in the left lane, and the green Altima coming up behind me decides to cut over to the right. Apparently I don't look like I can stay out of his way. The light turns green and I'm doing 35 before he can let out his clutch.

Obviously he falls in behind me, a tinted out big chrome rim havin Messican mobile. Now, I don't like anyone behind me anyways, the fact that I'm pathologically prejuidiced against Mexicans isn't helping matters. I'm thinking he's following a bit too close, and I just know he's some shaved head neck tattoo.

We get on the Highway 1, and I give him a suitible display of male dominance via two massive clouds of gravel and Kumho Ecsta, courtesy of The General's Series II Supercharged 3800. Bee-yotch.

Well, Highway 1 is one lane for about 15 miles before it becomes freeway, so I still have this guy behind me, and all the time I'm working myself up more and more how I'm going to leave this motherfucker in the dirt if he thinks he has any misconceptions about trying to run me down.

The road finally opens up, and I drift over to the right around the zombies in the left lane, and crack open a cold 40 ounce of throttle. I turn my headlights off, but they don't go down, and I look at my speedometer to read somewhere north of 110. SLOW DOWN!

I look in the rearview and see the Altima about a quarter mile, and he's whipping it. Mother fucker. He still wants a piece. Fine.

I let him follow me. I took my exit and he took it too. Right in the middle of the offramp, I'm doing about 45 and I cut it to the right and lock the brakes. The Altima goes flying by me. Now I'm the psycho chasing.

I'm ready to find out what this guy's deal is. So I pull up aside at the next light. The passenger window rolls down and I edge forward to see around the limo tint. I'm loc'd out in the shades and the hood ready to out gangsta this guy, and the kid is the fucking Mexican version of aaron. Little scrawny buck-o-nine school boy with a bad haircut that's probably never touched tit, and he's got this shit-eating grin on his face giving me the CaliKid Kill :thumbleft: .

I felt stupid as fuck. At least I gave him a good show when the light turn green as I threw down a little burnie and flew down the road.
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in."
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

Kohburn wrote:there is always the 3,000,000 candle power spotlight from behind the drivers headrest pointing at their face... I think modifying the wing t house like 50 flashbulbs would be ideal though
I've heard of people putting aircraft landing lights on their bumper or taillight housing, angled up a bit to point directly into whatever car might be behind them.
Flip 'em on when you've got a tailgater/crazy person.. that ought to back them off.
Series8217
1988 Fiero Track Car

Post by Series8217 »

jstillwell wrote:This thread makes me think about something that happened on my way to my shrink last week. I'm coming through Castroville, a small town I have to go through to get to the coast, and the road narrows to one lane through downtown. There's a couple of lights before you get to downtown that are 2 lane,35 mph. Lots of farm and produce trucks.

So I'm in the left lane, and the green Altima coming up behind me decides to cut over to the right. Apparently I don't look like I can stay out of his way. The light turns green and I'm doing 35 before he can let out his clutch.

Obviously he falls in behind me, a tinted out big chrome rim havin Messican mobile. Now, I don't like anyone behind me anyways, the fact that I'm pathologically prejuidiced against Mexicans isn't helping matters. I'm thinking he's following a bit too close, and I just know he's some shaved head neck tattoo.

We get on the Highway 1, and I give him a suitible display of male dominance via two massive clouds of gravel and Kumho Ecsta, courtesy of The General's Series II Supercharged 3800. Bee-yotch.

Well, Highway 1 is one lane for about 15 miles before it becomes freeway, so I still have this guy behind me, and all the time I'm working myself up more and more how I'm going to leave this motherfucker in the dirt if he thinks he has any misconceptions about trying to run me down.

The road finally opens up, and I drift over to the right around the zombies in the left lane, and crack open a cold 40 ounce of throttle. I turn my headlights off, but they don't go down, and I look at my speedometer to read somewhere north of 110. SLOW DOWN!

I look in the rearview and see the Altima about a quarter mile, and he's whipping it. Mother fucker. He still wants a peice. Fine.

I let him follow me. I took my exit and he took it too. Right in the middle of the offramp, I'm doing about 45 and I cut it to the right and lock the brakes. The Altima goes flying by me. Now I'm the psycho chasing.

I'm ready to find out what this guy's deal is. So I pull up aside at the next light. The passenger window rolls down and I edge forward to see around the limo tint. I'm loc'd out in the shades and the hood ready to out gangsta this guy, and the kid is the fucking Mexican version of aaron. Little scrawny buck-o-nine school boy with a bad haircut that's probably never touched tit, and he's got this shit-eating grin on his face giving me the CaliKid Kill :thumbleft: .

I felt stupid as fuck. At least I gave him a good show when the light turn green as I threw down a little burnie and flew down the road.
Best post ever!! Just classic!
Blue Shift

Post by Blue Shift »

You guys think just like me. Yeah, I used to have a machette in my trunk that I'm pretty fast with. And at another time, a sword or an aluminum bat. One time yeaars ago, when a cop helped me push my stalled car (out of fuel) out of the road, and on that day only, I had a semi auto .22 rifle behind the passenger seat, though unloaded. The cop didn't really care, he just said to store it in the trunk next time. Got real lucky. Unfortunately, in California, attemting to protect yourself is sure grounds to end up being made a public example of. They don't need anybody doing anything that doesn't rely on waiting 15 minutes for the police to show up - they need that 100K a year salary to sit and eat donuts at Krispy Kreme. At least in my hometown.

I've been sorta working on a vehicle mounted system that'd make a smoking mess out of anything with fine gauge wiring or semiconductors in it. Probably take a couple thousand watts of power, but nothing the battery couldn't handle for a few seconds. All I can say is that I bet it'd make quick work of tailgaters, and I think I can make it NOT effect the car it's onboard. Another idea would be a powerful strobe (we're talking like an EG&G laser grade flashtube, not some wimpy disposable camera flash). Anybody ever see one of those yellowjacket traps that have a tube you break that's filled with what smells like purified dog shit? Seriously, one whiff of the stuff DILUTED with water is enough to make anybody hurl. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to have a big capsule of concentrate break on your windshield and drip down into your A/C intake vents...

But one thing I know is for sure. Asshole drivers trying to chase me will be less of a problem once my DOHC GT with wide tires and stiff suspension is ready to go - they won't be able to catch me! Bahahahahah...
AntiCooter

Post by AntiCooter »

When I first got my 4.5 running, I had some issues with the mixture and the exhaust would load up with soot from the unburned fuel. On the way home, some punk in Honda was riding my bumper. I came to a long straight section of road, held my speed and moved over as far as I could to the right so he could pass. Instead he lit up the brights and started weaving back and forth behind me. At this time, I normally perform a brake check, but I floored the gas instead. The tranny downshifted all the way back to first gear and blew a HUGE cloud of crap out of the exhaust. It was so bad that you could not see anything behind the car. It must have made him mad because after I let off the gas, he tried to do the 'flyby' but I saw it coming and got back in the gas. He managed to get alongside before I started pulling away. I let off again, and again he tried to pass so I stood on the gas again but stayed in it until the speedo wrapped around past the trip meter at the bottom of the 85 speedo. When I made the turn to my house, I stopped and invited him to step out and discuss this incident with me and my friend Colonel Colt, but he declined and drove away.